fucked starter...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

what kinda of starter can i use on my b16 91 si.the title ses it all.
mine is shot it was making terrible grinding noises for a long time and now i turn the key and nothing happens until i repeat this a couple of times.do i get it from a 90-93 integra?

thats the thing,i dont know the serial #'s are gone all i can see is were it was.im pretty sure its the stock b16 tranny is it a ys1?

not true.i was stopped and they ran the serial #'s on the motor and it passed,why would u jump to that conclusion?anyways.can i just get a starter with the same #'s on the auctual starter its self? i was thinking i could just get one from a dohc sel sol.

Yeah, you have to use the starter that maches your tranny, or you can do what i did.

I got a 2000 GSR starter and switched the mouning bracket from the b16 on to the GSR one. Only the two long bolts and on screw match up, so there is two screws that arnt used. It works fine for me.
When you try to fit it with the GSR bracket, the holes dont match up to the tranny.

do u have the first gen b16 with a cable tranny? thanks for ur help by the way,no one else seems to know what the hell to do.

Back