fucking alarm remote broke

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
so i go to my exam this morning get out of my car and lock it with the remote, this also turns on the alarm. well after my exam i got back to my car to pay for my parking and to make sure i didnt get a ticket, but the fucking remote doesnt work. i press the buttons and nothing happens. the little led on it doesnt light up like it would if it was working. now i can unlock the door with the key, but once i open it, the alarm will go off. and with a broken remote i have no way to turn it off.

what can i do about this? can i pop the hood real fast and disconnect the battery? will that turn the alarm off?

this is on my 95 integra with stock acura alarm.

Either your battery is dead in your alarm remote. OR it needs to be reprogrammed. Check the battery first though. And I know that with the alarm that I had on my car it would have a feature on it that it will stop going off after 30 seconds so it doesn't kill your battery.

i cant very well replace the battery if i cant get to the store cause my car is locked/armed....

im still on campus. it probably is the battery in the remote, but again i cant get anywhere with the car armed. there is a kill switch on the alarm that if the car is armed, it wont start.

eh, i just broke the remote open, and wiggled the battery and its contacts around and it started working again. ill eventually buy a new one from honda, but for now ill just tape it back together

im still curious to know if disconnecting the battery would work

have you tried to start it?

Factory Acura alarms are passive, if you open the door with a key they won't go off. I've had the battery die on my CL remote...I unlocked the door, started the car, and drove to PepBoys

Disconecting the battery didn't work for me when I had that same problem on my/your old CRX. The alarm had a thing on it that would turn it on everytime the battery was unhook or went dead.

Quoted post[/post]]

Factory Acura alarms are passive, if you open the door with a key they won't go off. I've had the battery die on my CL remote...I unlocked the door, started the car, and drove to PepBoys
:werd: If its the stock alarm, all you needed to do was use your key to unlock the door and drive away. Unlocking the door using your keys with the factory alarm will disarm it. Bottom line is that you didnt need to break anything or do anything other than use the key to unlock and disarm your alarm.

Quoted post[/post]]
eh, i just broke the remote open, and wiggled the battery and its contacts around and it started working again. ill eventually buy a new one from honda, but for now ill just tape it back together

im still curious to know if disconnecting the battery would work
my alarm remote was broken also.. and i had the same problem.. for a while i just unhooked the battery before i shut my doors, cuz i had one that automatically set the alarm.. eventually i just unhooked the alarm under my dash til i get a replacement remote..

Quoted post[/post]]

well mine IS a factory acura alarm (clicker has acura symbol on it, and theres acura alarm sticker in my window.) and if i open my door while the alarm is on, it will go off. ive done it tons of times. same deal with the hatch. even moreso, if you are in the car then turn the alarm on, then put the key in and try to start, it wont start and the alarm goes off.

and what good is an alarm if all it does is lock and unlock the doors. if it doesnt go off when you open the door at least its useless, all that is is keyless entry

dunno...

mine won't go off if I use the key to open the door.

Find someone with another car remote and borrow their battery for a minute...?

well i dunno if its the battery. like i said, i cracked it open and jiggled things around and it works again, lol. i think it had a bad contact on the inside

My GF thought she had an alarm on her 04 civic. It was just keyless entry.

I'd ask Honda/Acura what to do in the case of a dead remote. Disconnection of the battery might work, or might not.

I think to disarm it without the remote working is have the key in the door and turn it to the unlock position and hold it for like 5 seconds. I think that disarms it. But anyways you can go to radioshack and buy a new battery, it doesn't have to be from the dealership, unless its still under warrenty.

well the entire remote is broken. i had to break it to get it open to get to the battery (no screwdriver while i was stranded on campus) so im gonna just get a new remote from the dealer. it was broken before all this anyway, i just never had a reason to get a new one.

Back