fucking bush..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, and since they were commercial airlines, filled with people they didn't instantly shoot them down OMFG.

If you'd like, I'll ask my dad what the response was, he was an air traffic controller for several years.

Originally posted by pops
Nothing. There wouldn't have been any thing that kicked in. Possible the controller would see the aircraft losing altitude and ask if he wanted to declare an emergency. If the hijacker is in command of the aircraft, I doubt if he would answer.
You just don't expect that shit to happen

So I guess that, yea, it wouldn't be real hard at that time to get away with it. He said it would also depend on the Letter of Agreement between the Air Force and ATC to determine actions at that point.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Mar 30 2005, 05:30 PM-->
Seany-izzle
@Mar 30 2005, 03:16 PM
i dont think bush selling a couple jets to pakistan is really going to pose a threat to us....
[post=480765]Quoted post[/post]​

I think 9/11 showed us just how much of a threat "a couple jets" can be.
[post=480791]Quoted post[/post]​

cuz that is exaclty my point.... :roll:

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 30 2005, 01:00 PM
I dont see how a smart business deal with a friendly country is a bad thing. Im not tryin to flame, but i think the Majority of people need to get over their hate for Bush and see that he is doing a good job in many areas.

you do realize that this "smart business deal" is not helping the america citizens in the least...
its just making more money for the huge corporations, and has a great possibility to further de-stabalize the middle east...
uhmm yeaaaa...??

Actually, the F-16 isnt a highly advanced fighter jet at all. It has been around since the 1970's and is "outdated".

you try making one in your back yard and then tell me its not a highly advanced fighter jet... just because its not the latest model DOES NOT mean its not a potent fighting machine that has the potential to destabalize the middle east even more than it is now...

[post=480691]Quoted post[/post]​

Whats wrong with making more money for huge corporations? Huge corporations fuel our economy allowing you (all of us) to have cheep internet and get on HS to talk about fighter jets.

24 outdated aircraft wont wreck the middle east (its already recked). Besides, Pakistan's main concern is India.

A lil info on the F-16:

http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/f-16_falcon.pl

It is THE most popular jet to buy - at 15 million each (which is cheep). Although its not the most potent fighter out there its very reliable.

Recently, Russian Aircraft Maker Sukhoi has started selling these:

http://www.globalaircraft.org/planes/su-35_flanker.pl

-> the Su-35 is far superior to the f-16 in both price (35mil) and performance.

Now which is better for America? To make money selling aircraft to an ally or to piss off a country that could pose a serious threat to us if they wanted to?

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Mar 30 2005, 01:20 PM
The F22 may have stealth technology, but LIDAR will see it plain as day.
[post=480700]Quoted post[/post]​

F22 > Police Speed Traps

This is definately the BEST plane in the skies . . . nobody else will make something comparable to this for years.
f-22_18.jpg

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 4 2005, 10:58 AM
or maybe they already have :ph34r:
[post=482541]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, Sukhoi made this, but its nowhere near as advanced as the F22 is (no thrust vectoring/stealth).

s-37_3.jpg

They also made this Su-35 Variant (Su-37 Terminator) which a stupid russian test pilot crashed last year. Pretty sick, has Thrust Vectoring nozzles and Canard wings.

b.71.3.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 25 2005, 02:31 PM
christ. i still can't beleive that people actually voted for this numnuts.
[post=478606]Quoted post[/post]​

One good thing -- he can't run again.

1. The F16 is outdated compared to the F18 super hornet and the the F22 Raptor, both of which will be replacing the f16's as they are phased out...this process began more than 5 years ago the the F22 was still just the YK22. We have nothing to fear of selling out beat up old jets to the pakistanis..more than likely the jets have been stripped of the good stuff before hand...it's like sellin your car to some idiot...you take the cool stuff off so he don't fuck it up or try to run you with it.

2. I voted for Bush, and I have my reasons...I never would have voted Kerry. Ever. and this as far as I'm getting into this polical debate.

Originally posted by ascout91

1. The F16 is outdated compared to the F18 super hornet and the the F22 Raptor, both of which will be replacing the f16's as they are phased out...this process began more than 5 years ago the the F22 was still just the YK22. We have nothing to fear of selling out beat up old jets to the pakistanis..more than likely the jets have been stripped of the good stuff before hand...it's like sellin your car to some idiot...you take the cool stuff off so he don't fuck it up or try to run you with it.

2. I voted for Bush, and I have my reasons...I never would have voted Kerry. Ever. and this as far as I'm getting into this polical debate.

thank god some other people get this.. a few f16 jets WILL NOT pose a threat to us, i dont see how it does, at all.
and good job on not going into details.... some people take things just a weeeeee bit too personal on here when it comes to politics. :p

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Apr 5 2005, 01:45 AM
and good job on not going into details.... some people take things just a weeeeee bit too personal on here when it comes to politics. :p
[post=482979]Quoted post[/post]​

Politics and religion are 2 subjects that should be vaguely discussed in my opinion...

Originally posted by ascout91@Apr 5 2005, 01:22 AM

[post=482973]Quoted post[/post]​

I think this is the replacement for the FA-18

F-35 JSF (joint strike fighter) -> Sweet, all our new planes will have stealth.

x-35_12.jpg

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Apr 5 2005, 01:45 AM
thank god some other people get this.. a few f16 jets WILL NOT pose a threat to us, i dont see how it does, at all.
[post=482979]Quoted post[/post]​

Seriously, what is pakistan gonna do? Take Twenty Five 30year old jets and conquer the world?

Maybe they will start WW3 with them /sarcasm

Maybe they will sell them to Osama bin laden /sarcasm

Maybe they will use them to b00st their airforce as their main enemy (india) has a sizeable airforce that is well equiped (called the "IAF" Indian Air Force").

Mr. b16efhatch, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

:p

Back