fuel but no spark!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97CTR

my swap is a 97b16b into a 97 ex everything is connected I am using the type r ecu. I have fuel, the car turns over strong but I am not getting any spark. The timing is not perfect. Does any body know what it could be, even would bad timing it would still fire correct?

pull the wire of and stick a plug in use a rag to hold the tip of the spark plug up to the block and see if there is a spark

there is no spark, the rotor and cap are good. i have heard something about obd2a and obd2b could this have something to do with it?

try plugging in your ex ecu and seeing if anything happens, also what Type r ecu are you using, civic type r or teg type r.

Try adjusting your timing as much as possible to the correct position. Also, even though your cap and rotor are good, trying using a distributor from another car with the same engine if possible. Frequently, the problem will be the ignitor within the distributor that causes a loss of spark. Stick a screw driver in the number one lead and hold it, if you feel a very slight shock they its not your distributor

I have a buddy bringing over another distributor. I will try that later tonight hopefully, if it is the ignitor wires how do I fix that, or is it fixable?

If the new distributor you are going to try fixes the problem, then you know its your distributor. But more often than not, the ignitor is the problem. Open up the distributor, and right next to the rotor, there are wires (4 wires i believe) plugging into a square little module thingy. Thats the ignitor unit. Unplug the wires and take off the two screws that hold the ignitor to the distributor. Make sure you dont mix up the wires and put them back where they belong. A new one which is something like 60 bucks and will cost you a lot less than a new distributor. Good Luck :D

Back