Fuel concern

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 2008 honda civic si coupe. I was on E this morning so I went to get gas. I told them premium and went inside the store. When I came out the car was filled up. I was told there was a system error and he didn't have my slip. I figured no big deal. Got in the car and reset my trip and looked at the gallons it took. 11.5xx I was almost out (330 miles) but I did notice the price was a few dollars off. I think it was filled with regular 89 octane. I put about 6 miles on the car. How much damage am I looking at with have regular in the tank? Im headed back to the station after work to talk to a manager and get a copy of my sale to make sure. Should I raise hell or just get an octane booster and not beat on the car. It will be empty in a week. I drive about 300 miles a week for work. The car has 61,xxx miles on it and i've always put 93 octane in it. Any input would be great.
Thanks

probly fine
they are designed to run on 91 octane... 89 should be fine as long as you dont drive it hard
pay attention and listen for knocking
no need to "raise hell"... just pay attention next time... or move to a state that allows you to pump your own gas

Thanks I usually watch to make sure I get the right fuel. I go to the same station for the most part. I just don't think he was paying attention and my fault for not watching. Thanks

If you are truly concerned, do what you suggested to yourself and throw an octane booster in it.

Found out they put 87 octane in it. I got some octane booster. Im gonna add the booster and run it down alittle bit then fill the tank back up with premium. Anything else I should do?

Back