Fuel cooler hp gains?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spoonhuntr

For argument sake has anyone ever heard of proven results from adding a fuel cooler to a automobile? :confused:

The only thing i'm turning up is the idea was originally based on preventing vapor lock in older carb engines and it's less common in FI cars we drive today.

Vapor lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But i also see things like this Skunk2 Carbon Composit Fuel Rail - B-series - JHPUSA claiming a hp gain from cooler fuel rail.

And then there's this sketchy dyno i found.
VWVortex.com - Fuel cooler dyno #'s

Thoughts?

Run E85, always cool. :)

Seriuosly though; I've never heard of people doing this. Wouldn't think it would be significant, but never tried it.

Stop trying to think outside the box. Nothing will ever be new on a Honda/Acura. Just gt a turbo or a new car. And read the forum more.

colder fuel is denser fuel, which means you get more for your dollar when its cool vs hot.

you idiots realize that the tanks are under ground where it stays about 55 degrees all day and night right???

Stop trying to think outside the box. Nothing will ever be new on a Honda/Acura. Just gt a turbo or a new car.

That's bad thinking; don't take that advice.

Cold fuel does not readily atomize as well as warm fuel. The only time you see fuel coolers in race cars are on return lines to the fuel tank or surge tank.

you idiots realize that the tanks are under ground where it stays about 55 degrees all day and night right???

People always talk about this in florida...I cracked up reading your comment.

Cooler air/fuel mixtures create more power. There is soo much more air in the mixture than fuel, that your efforts are better spent cooling the incoming air than the incoming fuel.

Put a mini fridge in the back seat, throw a fuel cell in it, and get a beefy power inverter. Done.

Put a mini fridge in the back seat, throw a fuel cell in it, and get a beefy power inverter. Done.

Hahaha. I never had the intention of tying this, just curious of peoples knowledge about it. A friend asked me and I've never heard of it before.

That's bad thinking; don't take that advice.

Cold fuel does not readily atomize as well as warm fuel. The only time you see fuel coolers in race cars are on return lines to the fuel tank or surge tank.

If you think I gave him bad advice, then you didn't read his other thread.

Cooler unleaded fuel for cars isn't good, cold air is good,only thing I've ever seen to help is, running nitrous on the inner cooler of a turbo'd car, as to fuel, if colder is better then why would you run hotter plugs, or higher octane to get better burn?

Werd, I was gunna point out the flaws in that theory but decided to have another beer instead.

i had a full post all typed up
then thought about how pointless it would be to try to correct all that was wrong with that post and decided to simply shake my head in disgust

yay apathy!!!!!!

Back