fuel filter maintenance info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marshall

Hi, I need to change my fuel filter in my 1996 civic, it's there anything unusual I need to do or just unscrew the bolt and put the new filter?

I would also like to know if I could swap my f20b ecu for a p13 or is the car gonna be running too rich because the p13 is for 2.2 liters and my engine is only a 2.0 liters.
thanks

Well I watched nfn15037 change two of them (in DC2 tegs). It seemed easy enough, but what you might to do is place a rag underneath it to soak up the gas that will drip from it as you disconnect the old one. It was more than one bolt though for the tegs. To put in the new filter, the whole bracket was removed and put back on. But the whole process was pretty easy and straightforward.

just make sure that you use new brass washers for the fuel filter, they are callopsable only once "aka - meant to be tighten once". Just make sure when you buy the fuel filter that it comes with the brass washers.

I'd recommend reading a shop manual - you want to releive pressure on the fuel system before doing this and that process may differ car to car. On my carbureted civic, I have to only pop the fuel filler open to releive pressure and clamp the fuel hoses to keep them from leaking too much. But for replacing the fuel pump, the process for relieving pressure is more involved. You should check for your car I think.
Elissa

Back