Fuel filter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

Hey Guys,

This might be/is a noob question but i have to ask? I'm trying to change the fuel filter on my B18B and i can remove the top bolt easy, But there is a bottom nut which also connects to the fuel filter. I have tried to pull this shit but i keep/or about to strip it??? :eek: What ideas do you think i could use to get this bolt off?? it could be sezied up??? how would i get this shit off????

First make sure you are turning it the right way. Its pretty common when you get caddywhompus to a bolt to try and turn it the wrong way. When I took mine off I just used a big pair of channel locks with a lot of ass behind it.

If I'm not mistaken you should be turning clockwise when viewing the filter from the top, since when viewed from the bottom the nut should go counter clockwise. Somebody back me up on this.

Quoted post[/post]]
If I'm not mistaken you should be turning clockwise when viewing the filter from the top, since when viewed from the bottom the nut should go counter clockwise. Somebody back me up on this.
that's right.

If you still cant get it off, just cut the nut off with a dremel tool, and replace the nut/bolt.

Back