1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Injecting the 79 civic

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by dilbeckskate, Jan 2, 2017.

1. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

ok guys as you know im doing a high compression dohc zc swap in the 79 civic, its getting dropped off this month at the fabrication shop to get the mounts made, at first I was going to run it on carbs but now have decided im going to do EFI , I have the correct obd0 PG7 ecu and the correct obd0 distributor and intake sooo its going to be easiest going obd0 with what I have, soo looking for info out there if im correct I need to use any 88-91 civic mpfi engine harnees or a obd0 da integra engine harness, does anyone know If I can wire the harness not to use the dash/chassis harness and used stand alone ? I have diagrams saved on a old hard drive I need to pull from my crx days but im hoping I can use just a engine harness or I have to find a donor car , any input would be appreciated

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

anyone used a standalone ? im considering AEM EMS 4

3. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

What about converting car to OBD1? I'm not sure about your gauges but maybe I'm missing other reasons. I know ZC swaps can be OBD1.....along with the various D-series that have same mounting points. Wiring OBD1 always gives plenty of options.

4. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

im planning on doing obd0 to get it in the car now because I already have all the obd0 electronics then convert to obd1 for tuneability later

5. h23a1Accord

h23a1Accord New Member

6. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

Has been long figured out I'm using a CRX Dash harness and a custom-made obd0/OBD1 engine harness made by MonoTech

h23a1Accord likes this.
  7. h23a1Accord

h23a1Accord New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted