fuel injection questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uptownsamcv

im new ot the hinda scene and i have a 89 crx si. the fuel injection system that it came with is a resisterless PR4 A02 its a chipped 90 integra LS ECU. The intake manifold apears to be off a 92 - 95 civic. what im wondering is how high should the fuel pressure be? rigth now its at 45 when idling and jumps to about 60 under throttle. the car came with a adjustable fuel pressure regulator and pressure gauge hooked up. The car idles real low and tends to sputter when i give it a certain throttle amount also spits out lots of black water. and for some reason it seems to pull hardest around 4,800 rpm. im thinkgn of just going with a stock fuel pressure regulator cause i dont see why i realy need the adjustable one. im thinkign its making the car run rich.

sorry for the long post.

umm what motor is in the car???
the pressures sound around right,,,but those adjustable FPR gauges are garbage
and black water?!?!?thats not good..black is rich,but there shouldnt be water

yeah waters not a good sign, has the car been sitting for a while? Cold air intake? if so someone could have hydrolocked the motor and there could be water sitting in the header and exhaust. Is it smoking at all?

it is definately something with the fuel system. i lowered the fuel preasure to 40 with the vacum line reoved from the AFPR and set it to 40PSI and 30PSI at idle and it runs practlicly flawless. i think i might bump the pressure up to 45 cause thats whats the recomended pressure for the newer resisterless injectors. plus i think it migth be runnin a bit lean cause the engine light came on and it never use to. the car does seem easier to drive now and i dotn have to give it as much throttle as before. only time i realy notice the sputter and its barely noticeable is when im doing around 60 and i hit the gas a certain amount. im thinkign maybe i should change the MAP or TPS sensor.

Back