Fuel injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justcheetah

Hey guys. I just put a set of 440cc Precision injectors (High imp) on my 96 del sol and BKR6e-11 spark plugs and NGK power cables. I have a chipped xenocron p28 ecu. Now the problem is when I went to start my turbo del sol it idled kind of funny and then shut down and would not start up. Any info would be helpful thanks.

So my timing is good but my plugs aren't sparking. I have tried putting the stock cap and rotor, plugs, and plug wires on but still no spark. Do you all think that it is the coil or the ignition module? Let me know if there is anything else it could be too.

Alright thanks. Hopefully a Coil will fix it and than I can get it tuned.

Yeah the 440's were in after the ECU was chipped but not tuned yet. The chips do have a basemap on them though for all the things listed above. And yes the wires are in the correct order.

you need it reprogramed for the 440s.

--break for knowledge:
avoid saying 'chipped'. that term is misused all too often. if you went with xenocron, you did not recieve multiple chips. only one microchip is replaced. the reason for this is to replace the programming on the microchip with programming suited to the conditions in your motor. you would need a basic knowlege of tuning software to probably know this already, but, fuel injector size is a HUGE factor of how much fuel is going to go into your motor. the ecu programming must be configured for the injectors your currently running. changing the size of your injectors contrary to what the programming in the ecu is set for will cause your fuel input to be highly incorrect. the only reason to have a basemap is to start the car for the first time on the dyno with your tuner in front of you ready to begin the tuning session. the basemap is only there so the first time you start your car it doesnt immediatly detonate. you really really really need a tune. you shouldnt even drive it with just a basemap.

:cliffs:
you can either get a new basemap written or flat bed your car to your tuner and have him change all the values there

edit, you might have broken your injectors by starting it up on an impropper basemap. check their resistance.

Hey YBLEGAL. Thanks for the bit of information it is still good to understand the tuning that is going on but I will tell that the basemap was set up for the injectors and everything else I have done to my car. And yes I did know what it was meant for. I was also told that since my basemap was set like it was I would be safe driving to the tuner as long as I did not try and use boost. Thanks for the information and if you have anymore I like to learn.

Back