Fuel Injectors????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gocivicls

My setup is an LS motor with all the stuff waiting to be installed!!!
My cr should be around 11.4 to 11.7 when I finish depending on the head gasket I choose......Any way my question is, do I need more fuel? Bigger injectors that is.
I got a good deal on an EK 9 Civic Type R fuel rail and Injectors, and I want my
motor to look bone stock. So I figured they would be perfect! What psi should I run after I raise the compression and change the injectors? I know that my stock LS injectors suck after 35 psi and I start to loose power.

:worthy: I need some facts or tips! :worthy:

You really don't need to make any changes to your fuel delivery system if you're just bumping up compression on a non-VTEC B18... your stock injectors ought to hold up just fine. The part about your injectors "sucking" after 35psi might be from too much fuel. Go do yourself a favor and tune it on a dyno with an SAFC, Hondata or something else that you can use to have significantly more precision than an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Thanks for the info, you are the man!!!!

Why do the top fuel Sport Compact Cars that run in the 8's and 9's all have 8 injectors? I guess my question is what cases is more fuel delivery critical to the performence of the engine? I suppose you will say turbo, nitrous, or Supercharged engines mainly................Feed me some info!!

Also Why do EK9 Civic Type R's have a higher cc fuel injector than an EK9 Civic Si?
I would think because of higer revs, more aggresive cams and higher fuel curve from the JDM ecu, Am I right? So if I am correct than with the mods I want to do to my ride I could use the injectors for my bennifit..........Maybe, let me know!

Cars running 8s and 9s in the quarter use more injectors because they need that much more fuel- and tuning 8 separate injectors instead of just 4 really big ones is sometimes easier and more precise.

You don't need bigger injectors because you're really not getting THAT big of a power increase from just raising compression.

I'm pretty sure that all B series engines came stock with 240cc injectors. I know the ITR did, so why should the CTR be any different?

A decent upgrade to CC's in honda injectors are the prelude units if you don't want to spend that much, they are 270cc. Kind of an inbetween from small RC's and B series stockers. YOu don't need larger injectors currently until you can find out if your current injectors are working a full capacity or duty cycle.

Milan

Back