Fuel leak pretty sure its the return line

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allbottledup

The other morning I started the hatch to warm it up. Came back out a few minutes later and saw a puddle under the car. Thought it might have been condensation run off so I backed the car up and swipped the puddle and smelled it. It was gas. Shut the car off and crawled under to see what was going on. I couldnt see anything right off the bat other than it was running down the tank in a few spots and was dripping. I had to leave so when I got back I jacked the car up and crawled under. I had my wife start the car. It took a good 5 minutes before the fuel was running down the tank again and dripping. I got under there with a flashlight but could not see specifically where the leak was coming from other than it was above the tank. My friend came by and helped me get the tank down. I checked up by the pump first and didnt not see the leak. My question is with the amount of time it took before leaking it has to be the return line right? If it was the supply line it would have made a mess within the first few seconds. Has anyone else had this problem. I have the tank off now but the line still looks ok. Can I spray it with soapy water and blow into the line to find the leak or is there another way?

Back