fuel line

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

amraccord94

ok another problem for my 94 accord lx h22 swap. the fuel line is not long enuff. what do i do. the fuel line connection on the h22 is on the passenger side. but my fuel filter and line is on the driver side. i tryed both lines and there both to short???

any suggestions.

do i need to get some kind of custom fuel line????

Yeah i came across this problem also in my swap, my friends garage has fuel line and we are using the banjo adapter and making a custom fuel line. But this is not the least of my worries, i cant fiqure out my wiring.

<_<

I have seen a couple ways of doing it. I just used what I had, cuz I'm friggin McGuyver. Nah. I found a good place to clip the hose, and I spliced in some high quality fuel line to lengthen it. I stress high quality, because I grew up next to a freeway where I saw several cars burn like last years Christmas tree(That includes my moms Camry, the alloys melted up front).
Back to the second. I saw a swap where the fuel rail was changed to one where the fuel line enters on the passenger side. It might have even been an accord one. I didn't like the Idea of fooling with a good thing. One might also just purchase a good aftermarket model also. At least you could fool yourself into thinking your doing your engine a huge favor (and maybe you are). I don't know shit about fuel rails, so I stuck to the plumbing. :D

Later.

Thats odd! I didnt have a problem on my 94 ex! However I am using the AEM fuel rail! Im stuck on ideas for this! I wouldnt think the fuel lines would be any diffrent!

I unbolt the fuel filter and relocated it to the right side...but bending the line to the filter without smashing it....it works well for me....but hey that's what i did...what will you do? up to you..hahahha

However I am using the AEM fuel rail! Im stuck on ideas for this! I wouldnt think the fuel lines would be any diffrent!

You changed out the fuel rail, one of many options. The aftermarket fuel rail moved your gas line back to the passenger side, solving the problem. Moving the filter, another good one. Choices, choices, choices.

i had the same issue with my swap and it ended up being a business opp. i make a hose specifically for 5th gens with h swaps and stock rail.

if you need one, lemme know. they're cheaper than a new fuel rail and safer than a diy hose.

Originally posted by tab@Aug 17 2003, 10:56 PM
However I am using the AEM fuel rail! Im stuck on ideas for this! I wouldnt think the fuel lines would be any diffrent!

You changed out the fuel rail, one of many options. The aftermarket fuel rail moved your gas line back to the passenger side, solving the problem. Moving the filter, another good one. Choices, choices, choices.

No no no I did not! I did mount it on the drivers side! :)

No no no I did not! I did mount it on the drivers side!

Huh, I'm surprised they didn't make it like USDM. Another guy I met used his stock accord fuel rail. I didn't suggest it, because I thought it was a step backwards. :slap: I stayed stock, for lack of knowing better at the time. I would change several things if I went back.

ok, well it mostly applies to peeps who use an Atr manifold.
I guess i should have mentioned that. well at any rate, if you need a hose...

I alSo make hoses for other Scraps, so tell your friends. :spin:

I just did swap on a 94 Accord. I was surprised to find that the fuel filter, and fuel rail enter on the driver's side of the engine bay. On my 92, the fuel filter is on the firewall of the passenger side. The fuel rail on the 92 had the gas line entering on the driver's side. That is why I lengthened my hose.

I was wrong. I assumed that they were the same.

Originally posted by tab@Sep 6 2003, 04:00 PM
I just did swap on a 94 Accord. I was surprised to find that the fuel filter, and fuel rail enter on the driver's side of the engine bay. On my 92, the fuel filter is on the firewall of the passenger side. The fuel rail on the 92 had the gas line entering on the driver's side. That is why I lengthened my hose.

I was wrong. I assumed that they were the same.
[post=157743]Quoted post[/post]​

I know this is an old thread and I am also new here. But I have been doing some research because I doing an H22 swap on my 94 Accord EX in a week and found some info from when sport compact car magazine did the swap and they ran into the same problem. They said that you can swap the fuel rail out for a 97 or newer Prelude. Hope this can help someone.

By the way awsome forum here I am getting so much info from you guys. Thanks. :worthy:

Originally posted by tab@Aug 19 2003, 09:50 PM
No no no I did not! I did mount it on the drivers side! 

Huh, I'm surprised they didn't make it like USDM. Another guy I met used his stock accord fuel rail. I didn't suggest it, because I thought it was a step backwards. :slap: I stayed stock, for lack of knowing better at the time. I would change several things if I went back.
[post=146668]Quoted post[/post]​

so are you saying that i can use my stock accord fuel rail but use the prelude injectors and it will still work then this way i wont have to lengthen the fuel line ??

1) Take fuel rail from f22 engine

2) Install on h22 engine with h22 injectors...

3) Done.

You can thank me later. :worthy:

The rails are the same, just the fitment for the fuel line is located on the opposite side..

With regard to flow capacity they're the same as well. I forget what it was but we actually measured the cc's of both rails and the accord was like 2cc's more.. :unsure:

All h22 swaps that I've done I've used this method and there have been no problems (~8 swaps)

either way works. Lengthening the fuel line is easy enough, or you can take his suggestion and trade fuel rails.

Back