1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Pressure Gauge Not Working

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by street_racer_271, Apr 28, 2007.

1. street_racer_271

street_racer_271 adrenaline is my high

Got this stupid autometer fuel pressure gauge an all the other shit that i need to make it work...$200 later, it doesn't work, the two wires in the first pic are for the light, the hose came from autometer made for the gauge
    When the car is off the needle sits at about 10psi, i start it an it goes up to around 11-12psi, i don't know if its not getting any pressure or whats going on, anyone with advice please help, an don't suggest get a B&M fpg because i already spend $200 on this one a week ago. PLEASE HELP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

why did you put the fuel pressure gauge on the hood of your car?

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

why did you run it to the top of the hood?

lol.. same time

4. get_nick

haha, i would have posted sooner, but i spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure that out first.

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

he must think its a muscle car.. they run their gauges outside of the car right.. well, the tach

i give it a week before its gone because someone will just jack it

haha.. i just noticed the brake fluid reservoir sock.. ..hahah

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  6. get_nick

i don't think anybody will jack it. i think people will walk up to it and wriggle it and say, "does this thing work?" and break it off while it's stuck at 10 psi. hahaha

7. street_racer_271

if i mount the gauge inside my car an it bursts, i get covered in fuel an could burn to death, an i don't think its a muscle car, this is also my race car so no one has a chance to steal it, an we have a very low crime rate in the small town that i live in

8. get_nick

most people just set the fuel pressure. but now that you have it all set up and cut a hole in your hood, check your wiring. you may be getting a weak electrical signal. also, check your fuel line to see if it is clogged or kinked.

9. street_racer_271

its not an electric gauge, its simply pressure line an the wires for the light, im gonna hook up the t the other way with the fuel supply going directly into the gauge an then t's off to the fuel rail

10. P7ank5te7

P7ank5te7 New Member

Let me ask you something. Is it me or is that gauge on the return line? And if it is, that would answer your question why its not showing any pressure, because it needs to be on the opposite side of the FPR on the pressurized inlet line. But from what it looks like you Tee'd it off the return line and thats going to cause you to see no pressure. Can you please verify if I'm right tho, That I see this on the return line rather than over on the other side or off the fuel filter? -Gary

11. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

Wow, did not even see that. Good eyes my friend, pics always help.

12. street_racer_271

i thought the smaller line was a vacuum line... or is that big one going in from the bottom the return? i was thinking of switching the t around so that the pressure goes right into the gauge an then t's off to the fuel rail...i hope thats not the wrong line, i hate buying shit for this stupid gauge already

13. P7ank5te7

P7ank5te7 New Member

It needs to come off either the right side of the rail or fuel filter because the line is the return line that its connected to.. I may be a n00b as all may think, but sometimes I do have some useful info such as that. But you might want to move it to those points, because that would be why there is no fuel pressure showing on the gauge.. And we all make mistakes, so I'm not going to rag on you about that, because I understand how that can be. -Gary

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted