Fuel Pressure Regulator Failure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luVTEC

I have been having some fuel related problems with my CRX and I suspect its my fuel pressure regulator. My question is what are some symptoms of a bad FPR? anybody ever had one fail? :huh:

see below for full description...

If your interested I'll bring you up to speed on whats happended. My CRX had been having problems starting until one day it just died. I noticed that there was no smell of gas when I cranked it over b/c I had the intake off. I disconnected the fuel line at the filter (from the pump) and shure enough...no gas would come out when I cranked it. <_<

I figured it was either a bad fuel relay or pump (the pump was replaced only two yrs ago). I tested the relay and the relay harness first, it checked out. I removed the fuel pump and tested it, it worked fine. I blew air through the fuel lines to see if they were blocked, nope they were fine. I put everthing back together and it worked :blink: , not knowing what it was I replaced the fuel relay anyway <_< .

It worked fine for a day then it began to loose power under load. The CEL came on and it threw a CODE 1 O2 sensor? Now it won't star at all? the fuel pump won't pump when the key is truned? WTF? I got a new fuel filter too. The only original parts of the fuel sytem left are the injectors and the pressure regulator, so I suspect the regulator.

please help if you know thanks.

oh yeah, I forgot to mention i went through all the grounds for the engine and fuel system, they looked clean , but I cleaned them up anyway.

thanks for the reply though

Back