fuel pressure regulator question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecdaddy

ok heres the problem i have a 91 integra with a 99 si b16a2 ,im running in obd2 .When i connect the hose from my fuel pressure regulator to the intake manifold my car jus dies out but when i take it off ,the car idles fine.ive also noticed i get horrible gas milaege, another side note when i hold the throttle steaddy between 1500-3000 the rpm needle bounces all over the place. i cant seem to figure out what is causing this ,anyone ever had a smiliar problem ?

Originally posted by formby@Sep 19 2005, 01:01 PM
why are you runing it obd2???? that might be the problem
[post=556746]Quoted post[/post]​

i have a obdo>obd2 conversion harness on it that i got off jkobd.com,everthing is fine exept that .its got me serious stumped.i thought it might be the map sensor .so i extended the wires to the one on the throttlebody and still the samething.

Originally posted by vtecdaddy+Sep 19 2005, 08:44 PM-->
@Sep 19 2005, 01:01 PM
why are you runing it obd2???? that might be the problem
[post=556746]Quoted post[/post]​

i have a obdo>obd2 conversion harness on it that i got off jkobd.com,everthing is fine exept that .its got me serious stumped.i thought it might be the map sensor .so i extended the wires to the one on the throttlebody and still the samething.
[post=556797]Quoted post[/post]​

You need to get all of your vacuum lines correct, fix these and you will get good gas mileage, find a diagram and start from scratch, thats what i did and it fixed the same problem.

it should increase the idle speed;not die....

try changing out the FPR for another one
make sure o ring is good between regulator and rail

is it a stock reguator?

i changed the regulator and still does the same thing,would being in obd2 casuse my car to do this i am about to run obd1 in my car anyways. Do u think this will fix the problem . o yea by the way im throwing like 6 codes

Back