Fuel Pressure Regulator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theracer

Hi guys, iv fitted a Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator(Power Boost Valve) on a B16a2(Stock ECU) with B18c Fuel Rail, stock Injectors, Big Tummy Simota Air Intake,Polish Throttle Body and iam running with an EK9 stock intank Fuel pump, should i set my to 3.5 Bar Pressure or is it too much?
Should switch to a bigger Fuel Pump?

No. It adjusts the amount of fuel pressure in the fuel rail. The engine still won't be able to use more fuel than it's able to use. You don't need a bigger fuel rail or adjustable FPR until you have a lot done to the inside of your engine and larger than stock fuel injectors.

+1

+1. I have one on mine, but its really only because 1) I was given it and 2) It was engine dress up. I set mine to factory. Isn't setting it higher than stock, make it run a little crappy? I believe it makes you have more soot and such tho too because more isn't breaking it completely down. But correct me if I'm wrong. -Gary

adjusting the pressure higher would make the car run rich.. use more gas and spit black smoke out the exhaust depending on how high the fuel pressure is set.. it also causes it to bog down really bad when taking off

So I was correct. Generally poor performance, and alot of soot. Right? -Gary

Back