Fuel Pressure Too High

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SilverBulletEK

I was running a stock fuel pump on my gsr swap and running 50 psi. I just replaced the stock fuel pump with a walbro 255 and my pressure shot up to 85 psi. With my fuel pressure regulator all the way down it only brings the pressure to 80 psi. Can anybody tell me wtf is up or how to fix it? thanks.

Where are you measuring the fuel pressure from? The filter? If so, something could be blocking the flow into the fuel rail causing the flow to skyrocket in the line up to the rail.

Check the little hat looking thing on the side of the fuel rail opposite the regulator. There is a little screw with an o-ring on it. On my setup, whoever had my motor before put too long of a screw in it. This didn't allow the little spring loaded valve inside to open all the way, restricting fuel flow.

If thats not it, there could be a kink somewhere in the return line. One way to check that is to vent the return line into a gas can, bypassing the entire return system. If the pressure is correct, then you have a problem in the return line.

I am checking the pressure post fuel filter. I checked the pressure with the return line straight into a gas can and still got 80ish psi. The little hat thing opposite the regulator seemed to be fine. Not sure what to check next, any more ideas?

Back