Fuel problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

92 civic 97 ITR motor

I took my car in to a dyno last week to see if my fuel problem had been solved, by adding a Walbro 255LPH. Still running like crap! I dyno at 139hp and 119tq, they only ran it twiceup to 7K rpms becuase on the air fuel ratio was running dangerously lean after VTEC kick in at 5.6K. On secound run they clamped my return line to see if my regulater was fucked but still super lean.

Since then I bought a B&M fuel press guage, just put it on and at idle it was over 100psi (is that even normal for the walbro), if it is that shows from tank to fuel filter there is no restrictions, check my rubber hose to the rail; blew through it and it feels like it flows with no restrction. So im thinking it is my injectors, im using the stock ITR injectors i got with the motor. Is there a way I can check if they are working right? What could be some other problems?

Im running a chiped P28 from pherable.net (witch is the one i dynoed with), I still have my P73 but that too did the same crap running mid 15s at the track.

FUCK my bad posted in wrong thred, dont flame

if your running a chipped p28 is it with crome or uberdata.

thi sis clearly a tuning issue. at idle your fuel pressure should be like 43 psi. i thuink that stock.

the fuel pump and fpr have no bearing on your car running like ass.

its ALL IN THE TUNE

i suggest you get a laptop and a chip burner and a wideband , and give that thing a tune.

mid 15s all motor sounds about right, and im sure you were on street tires. dont expect a rocket ship here with a b18c5 in a hatch. mid 14 sec car tops.

100psi at idle!!?! thats way too much. Bring it down to around 43 psi or so. (if memory serves me right.)

(again sorry posting in the wrong spot :worthy: )

I know the fuel press is wrong im going to re-install the guage and see if im even getting a correct fuel reading, after i put it on and turn on the car the guage just went wild. according to ALLDATA i think it said for GSR 46psi(did not have B18C5). With the shit times im cool with, but like i said im running crazy lean according to my dyno sheets (ill try to post as soon as possible) im going to fry my motor this way. A JDM ITR motor should put down more then 140hp that is what B16 puts down. I figure a 15%-20% drivetrain lost so i sould be pusing close to 160hp.

Thanks for moving this, B16

I was thinking say if I have a restction in my rubber hose after the fuel filter(where my guage is sitting) with fuel not able to flow through the rubber hose could that increase my pressure reading to 100psi; becuase my pump is pumping fuel regardless (like when you put a kink in a water hose you would increase press. on one side) Im going to pull my rubber hose off my 95 integra, I think it will fit. If my fule press goes to correct spot I know the hose is fucked. Im report back

as i was puting on my fuel line from my integra on my civic to see if my fuel pressure would change, I broke the god dam brass fitting :wallbash: for the pressure guage, Just pissed away 30 bucks. and get to buy a new fuel filter :mad:

Found the Fix. My rubber fuel hose was not pluged or my injectors, it was the fuel regulator that lets fuel go in the fuel rail. It was not letting enough fuel in my rail causing my car to run lean and making the fuel pressure before my rail read over 100psi, I used my pop's fuel guage on it and took the regulator off my integra put it on and the perssure went down to 45.5 psi. Im all smiles :beer:

Awesome. I'm glad that you got it fixed without grenading your engine, and pretty much all on your own. :thumbsup:

Back