fuel problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1slowcrx

i have a 91 honda crx si obd0 with a jdm b16a and i am haveing fuel problems the car will start and idle fine but when you give it gas it just boogs down and pops like its starveing for fuel i have replaced the plugs plug wires map sensor and changed oil it ran fine for a lil while when i replaced the map sensor im thinking that the fuel pressure reglator is shot and that its geting to much fuel and will a fuel pressure reglator from a b18 ls work on a b16a please anybody help and if you have had the same problem jst let me know what it was and how to fix it hit me back here our email me at jstvtecit@aol.com:(

u running rich or lean? to be honest, it sounds like your TPS is 180 off. Was your car DPFI stock? change your fuel filter, and toss on a spare FPR if you have one. If that dont solve it, I would check out the wiring to your TPS. Check out your O2 sensor also, just for the hell of it.

I doubt the TPS is backwards as they are riveted into the throttle body on the B16. However, it could be a problem with the TPS since they usually get broken on the JDM engines.

First thing I would do is make sure your cams timing is correct with the crank.. for example set the crank at TDC and make sure both cam gears are also at TDC. Then check your ignition timing, with the service check connector jumped, and make sure that is set to spec. Fuel pressure regulator is also a possibility. Either check your fuel pressure with a gauge (the right way), or replace it and see if it changes anything (not the right way).

fuel

the car still has the stock fuel filter which has been replaced and its running rich you can see a cloud of black smoke and followed with i white cloud of smke and u can smell the gas it was runing fine after i put map sensor on i guess it fixed the part of the problem but before i had to run straight vacum to the fuel pressure regulator to get it to run before i replaced the map sensor so im thinking that the fuel pressure regulator is shot and the crx has civic type r and cam gears :(

So check your fuel pressure and see where it's at.. and do a compression & leak down test while you are at it.

u running rich or lean? to be honest, it sounds like your TPS is 180 off. Was your car DPFI stock? change your fuel filter, and toss on a spare FPR if you have one. If that dont solve it, I would check out the wiring to your TPS. Check out your O2 sensor also, just for the hell of it.

Was it a DPFI? If it was you have to switch the green and yellow wire around at the TPS for it to run properly. The FPR on the Bseries will work on any Bseries. I had the same problem when I did my b16 swap into my 91si and I put larger injectors in from a H22a4 and problem sort of went away but was still there if it makes any sence...? That wasn't the right way, but it got me by for a while.

Check to make sure that you're getting spark to all four cylinders. Also, make sure that the plug wires are in the right firing order.

Back