Fuel Problems?Who are the real honda gods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchboy

Sleeves+boost=Love
ALlrite so i have a 91 crx si, with a jdm b18b in it with jdm cable j1 b16 tranny. I am using the stock 91 crx wiring harness on this motor with a pr4 (io believe) ecu.
My air/fuel meter sais i am running EXTREMELY lean, so lean it barely registers, and yes it is hooked up rite, there is only 1 02 sensor wire, cant get it wrong. So i have put in a new fuel filter,Adjustable fuel pressure regulator,02 sensor and still am running extremely lean. ALso am getting a check engine light with code 43 which is fuel system. Can someone please help me diagnose this fucking problem.
I am so stuck and so lost becuase i have thought of as much as i can. ANy way of seeing what kind of injectors i have in there? Keep in my this is all pre-obd,

Any help would be insainely appreciated!.

-dan

Put the injectors from your stock D series into the manifold on the B18b... THat might help, because the impedence on the ODB1+ injectors is different than the injectors in the stock CRX.

Do you still have the injector resister box?

Try getting your hands on a 90-91 Integra ECU if you don't already have one. I don't know what the PR4 came out of, offhand. That might help also.

i have a pre obd integra ecu in there rite now. And i really dont know what kind of injectors are in this motor, like i said its a b18b which means 94+ tegra ls jdm and i am using my stock pre obd crx si wiring harness, everything plugged rite in. So hmmm

i dont know much about this stuff cuz i didnt have to deal with obd stuff but maybe your stuff has to match? like maybe your injectors are obd1? its not working right with your ECU?

dont get me wrong but, its a pre obd wiring harness, which means the only injectors that would plug into the injector plugs are pre obd injectors i though. I am pretty sure obd1 and obd2 are interchangable with eachother but pre obd is a whole seperate thing i think

YOu have the wrong injectors definately,find some from a 90-91 teg or an aftermarket source. The flow rates are the same btween the two they just have different methods in which they work. That is only one of the potential problems you are suffering through. You might want to check what pressure your fuel is flowing, an a/f guage is great in seeing how you are cumbusting but a fuel pressure guage helps alot in tunning as well. try that and see whats what.If you have less than 35 psi of fuel you might be suffering a little on the lean side. :D

I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator as well as guage, at idle im at 40psi at wot im at 45 psi. Anyone in Oregon/Washington area with a set of injectors?

Hey it is definately your injectors...if you have good pressure then you are getting your fuel but your injectors are reading from the ecu incorrectly...i believe you have to try to get the injectors that correspond to the ecu you are running....

Honda engine computers require a total injector impedance of about 10 ohms . Your 91 car was set up to use low impedance injectors ( 2 ohms) and an added injector rresitance pack, which increased the total impedance to 10 ohms.
The 92 and later engines used an injector that already has the required 10 ohms of resistance so therefor didn't require the add-on injector resistance pack.
THE FIX??
Replace the saturated type (10 ohm) injectors with the peak and hold type(2 ohm) from an 89-91 engine. OR remove the injector pack from the circuit and supply 12v direct to each injector.
I can't tell you what the flow rate differance is from the various years...maybe some one else has that info.
Pappy

Back