fuel problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

typesiracing

hey whats up people....lemme pick some brains here....i have a 94 honda prelude si....i have crazy mods....je pistons, crower rods the head is port and polished with a 3 angle valve job, the block is bored and the crank is polished, high flow cat full custom exhaust, dc 4-2-1 header, aem cold air, msd blaster coil, fuel pressure regulator, jet computer upgrade, well that should be enough so you get the point....i'm not on here to brag because its nothing to brag about because the car isn't performing......i have a fuel pressure regulator and i've tried turning it down and it didn't have much of an effect...my car still smokes black like crazy....my friend is a honda tech and told me that an fpr will only change fuel pressure and not the amount of fuel used....so i set it back to stock because it was below stock at the time.....my plugs read as if the car is running lean and the o2 sensor was recently replaced...my air/fuel meter has been reading slightly rich but doesn't do justice to what i see coming out the exhaust....it only smokes under heavy acceleration and is completely black.....has any had this problem or maybe some insight.....i was thinking apexi afc.....but i wanna be sure before i spend the money, oh and i'm pretty sure all my vacuum lines are hooked up. thanks for your help!

Well i have a valve job port on my head as well. My engine is in great shape but when i accelerate hard it smokes a dark color. Now i have a non vtec head so if u have vtec the smoking might be even worse. Buy some dyno time and work out all the little problems with ur setup. A standalone management system wouldn't be a bad idea to add to ur heavy modded vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back