Fuel pump and regulator question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

uberdog

b18c is getting a t3 garret and running 8 lbs boost for mild street. No management system and hoping to deal with fuel via the pump and regulator.
I have a 190 Walbro and the red, b&m command regulator. Are these two in combination going to handle the job and what do I have to worry about on startup to avoid being too lean.

Originally posted by uberdog@Feb 27 2005, 03:21 PM
b18c is getting a t3 garret and running 8 lbs boost for mild street. No management system and hoping to deal with fuel via the pump and regulator.
I have a 190 Walbro and the red, b&m command regulator. Are these two in combination going to handle the job and what do I have to worry about on startup to avoid being too lean.
[post=466806]Quoted post[/post]​

i don't know to much about turbo set ups but I've read a bit... I definately would not try to run that setup without some sort of fuel management... from what I've read though you ought to check out uberdata, cheap and efficient

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/

That is suicidal and it wont run when you tip in. I'm unfamiliar with the FPR, if it is a rising rate FPR (also known as an FMU) then you won't grenade instantly, but you will fall flat on your face as soon as you see boost without fooling your ECU with a check valve setup.

you NEED engine management. end of story.

a pump and a regulator can only SUPPLY the fuel to the rail. thats it.

your pump is fine.. the 190 will flow you good till about 250whp or so.
the FPR is un-needed. the stock one will suffice. but you can put it on anyway if you wish.

as stated, look into uberdata, and some tuning time on the street with a wideband, or on the dyno with a wideband.

Thanks guys; I'm convinced. I put Ubberdata on my computer and have been reading at the ubber web site and at pmfi.org
This gsr turbo has a p72 ECU. I found instructions on chipping conversion and parts list for a p28. Does anyone know if the instructions are the same for p72? If not, anyone know where instructions can be found? While we're at it, is it the same for a P30 ECU?

You've been to www.pgmnfi.org? I learned everything from the Wiki there and from talking to Dave. I'm terrible at Civic/Integra ECUs, check out the Wiki and ECU Families. The process is similar on every ECU, I did one for a Del Sol and it was pretty much the same deal (except the ZIF was a little more *interesting* to put in). It's a hard road, but very worthwhile.

just use a p28.

unless you have IAB's from a gsr or h22 intanke manifold, its really pointless to run anything else.

Back