Fuel Pump Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DravenVX

Hey everyone, i have a 92 hatch with a B16A in it and i just got a walbro 255 fuel pump installed today along with some other non mechanical stuff that has nothing to do with this problem. Well i had to drive the car home from the shop and it was like an hour and 30 min drive and everything seemed okay. I got home and parked the car for an hour and then decided to take it out. As i was pulling out of my driveway the car just stalled/died for no reason. I started it up again, it hesitated a bit, but it started. I then turned left from my street onto another street and the car just started losing power and it died. Tried to start it but it wouldnt start at all. It was cranking and it seemed like it was getting no fuel so it just wouldnt start. Is it possible that the guy who installed the pump could of screwed it up or did something come loose on the drive home from the shop. The owner of the shop had another guy do it so maybe he did something wrong. Now i need to check everything myself, can anyone help me a bit. What should i check and how??? thanks

Peter

i would call the shop and have them look over the car again.....they might have to pay for a tow also

is the pump turning on?
is the ecu throwing a code?
what else did you fuck with?

my crx is doing the same thing and everyone is telling me its the fuel relay, check out your relay

Originally posted by ripperbone@Aug 25 2005, 11:24 AM
my crx is doing the same thing and everyone is telling me its the fuel relay, check out your relay
[post=545089]Quoted post[/post]​

OKay so i solved my problem with the help of one of my neighbours. I guess when they installed the fuel pump some excess air got into my fuel line/system and thats why it wouldnt start. I had to bleed the fuel system by loosening a little nut by the fuel rail. Once there was only fuel coming out and no more air then it started after a few cranks.

ripperbone if you are still having a problem starting the car you should check to see if you have too much air in your fuel system. Did u just get a new fuel pump installed?? If so then bleed it like i mentioned and if a lot of excess air comes out u know that was ur problem! thanks for ur help everyone!

OKay this sucks! Just when i thought i had solved my problem it happens again, well actually it happened twice since! After the 2nd time it happened I started to have a small feeling that it might be the floater inside my gas tank and maybe my gas gauge was off so i filled up my tank to see what would happen once it got real low! Now today the gauge is a little less then half and the car started acting all funny again so i dont know what to think! On my way home the car felt like it was gonna stall but i kept it going by stopping as little as possible! I hate this feeling, the feeling of not knowing what the problem is. Anyone have any other suggestions??? thanks again! Oh and by the way the pump is working cuz i can hear it running while i am driving and no ecu codes seem to be popping up so what could it be???

Back