Fuel pump probs (I think)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

krut042303

Alright, I've got a 90 Crx with a B16a3, P30 ecu, walbro 255 fuel pump and almost half the time (usually when the engine is still warm) I start the engine and it starts and then just dies even when I give it gas its like I'm not even stepping on it. Then I turn off the key and turn it back on and the fuel pump doesn't make any noise so it doesn't even charge the fuel rail and it won't start at all. So I wait a couple of minutes turn the key, fuel pump will pump but when I start it I have to take it up to like 4000rpm right off the bat and keep it there for about 30 seconds or until everyone at the gas station is giving me looks and then its fine until i turn the key off. Its never died while running, only right after i start it. Any ideas? Thanks

have you tried installing a relay direct from the ignition, instead of the factory main relay. it might be that since you have a higher pumping fuel pump and it might need a higher voltage going to it.

Back