fuel pump/relay problem. help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboRex90

Golden EG
I recently got my car back from the paint shop. I started the car and pulled out of my garage and then turned it off so i could do some work. I started it back up instead to let her warm up and it wouldnt start. The car would crank over but i noticed my fuel pressure gauge is reading zero. We let it sit for a couple minutes and noticed my fuel pressure when back to 20, normally its at 40. As i try to start the car i watch the pressure slowly drop to zero. I tried to listen for the fuel pump when i turned the key on and no noise... so maybe thats the bust, but could it be the main relay?? how do i check if my relay is shot. I tested the connection to my fuel pump and it was only get 6.4v...
I need to fix this before monday because the car has to drive cross state for a big inspection and if i cant make it it will take a month to get another appt and get it back on the road.

Please help.

Fuel pump relay, it was just a random fix, i just figured i would replace it first since it was the easiest fix. I called Honda and they wanted 80$ so i spent an hour in the junkyard and found one, hook it up and presto.

Ok guys new problem. It happend to me again recently and then a few hours later the fuel pressure was steady enough to start the car.

Ever since the tune, if my fuel level reaches below half tank it will sputter out and sometimes ill loose throttle and the car will shut off. So its not gettin enough fuel from the pump, Its an aftermarket pump and its the same size, nothing new was done when i swapped them out.

Any ideas? maybe a bad connection or ground, or something?

Back