Fuel pump wiring?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

littlecrxVTEC

:confused: Well I've got a problem with the fuel pump wiring in my 89 CRX si.

I don't have a FSM so I need a wiring diagram of the fuel pump circuit.

It has a brand new pump installed, and it ran fine until I let her sit for 6 weeks. Then it wasn't getting any power to the pump. I hardwired the pump to the battery to check the pump and it works fine and the car ran.

After that, I tapped into the key on 12v ignition wire with an inline fuse and rewired the power to the fuel pump.

Now wiring is not my best area of DIY knowledge and I'm assuming I bypassed some sort of relay because now the car won't start. Its definately getting fuel into the cylinders but I think that now its flooding itself.
Any help would be greatly appriciated! THANKS

Do you know where the fuel pump relay is? I just took one off another '93 civic at a junkyard today to replace mine cause it went out, on 5th gens it's in the interior next to the clutch pedal down there but I dunno it may or may not be the same for a rex. Try checking that.

I think that's what the CRX world referrs to as the "main relay" sometimes?

I believe thats the one that controls the fuel pump also come to think of it.

Its right beside the hood latch release. But I can hear it click when I attempt to start the car and click again when you release the key from engauging the starter.

Is there some way I could check it with a multimeter?

Yea you gotta check it with a multimeter. A service manual will tell you which terminals to check for which problem.

The service manual will tell you which terminals to check ok. Then you take those clamps from the multimeter and clamp it onto the terminals the manual tells you. Now, working the multimeter itself, I dunno I couldn't figure it out I'm in highschool so my automotive teacher did that part for me.

Back