fuel pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mintoxik

So the other day I was going to get my car tagged and then nothing car wont start the fuel pump wont kick on it ran fine the day before everything else works lights come on like they always do just pump wont kick on I replaced the main relay for 75 bucks that didnt fix it i had the old one tested and they told be it was broke anyway i get power to the pump ive jumpd the pump itself and it works fuses are fine. I was told the wiring somewhere could have come undone but I have no idiea where to start that...

My advice is that you look into the Injector resistor box which has multiple relays that need to be engaged in order for your pump to turn on. Another name is the "Twinkie Box" and its about 2x4 inches or so. not sure about your car but its probably on the driverside next to the strut tower aluminum box with 6 or so wires coming out of it. maybe try to reconnect it or just check connections. if you got the money you might just want to replace it.
hope this helps

your pump might be burnt up.........how far do let your needle get before you fill up

My car gets down to the E mainly red lmao, but I place my money on the box or the pumping being dead :ph34r:

im just saying, most people say dont run down to e because it will pick up sediments true but the real reason is so you dont over heat your pump the gasoline is petroleum based so not only does it lube but it also is a cooling agent wich helps keep it cool this is a common problem in summer we have had 4 in our shop in the last month for this.......but hell i run mine down to e im just saying

it was the first time in 2 years it ever ran out of gas but ill check the "Twinkie Box" and get back to you guys thnanks for the help

Back