FUEL RAIL 88-91 B16-D16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a d16a6 out of a 90 SI CRX. Need a fuel rail, mine is missing. Found one off a 89 DOHC B16 and as far as I can remember think they are the same, since the intake manifolds are made with in the same style.

Compared a picture of a SOHC fuel rail from a 91 CRX SI to the picture of the 89 DOHC fuel rail, size for size, and mounting holes look exactly the same , as well as injector hole spacing. I can't tell these two apart!!!!!

I just want to double check and see if anyone had any problems doing this with injectors sealing or mounting or anything.

Any info on differences would be appreeciated.

Thanks! :D

first of all. no, B16 and D16 intake manifolds are not the same. bolt patters are different, and no the fuel rails are not the same the injector spacing is different, and the fuel rail mounts are different

Well some of the rails must fit DOHC TO SOHC because the guy who I bought this SOHC engine took off the rail and put it right on his DOHC in his CRX. I am just making sure that there aren't specific years I should watch out for.

I saw a picture of the DOHC and SOHC rails and put them next to each other. The mounting holes look proportionate to the injector holes, so they look pretty much the same.

I just want to double check and see if anyone knows more info about this.

Thanks for the reply! :)

d series fuel rails are all the same... and b series are all the same = B-D fuel rails not interchangeable

Have you ever tried to swap these two rails??? :huh: If I could I would send you the pictures of the DOHC rail and SOHC rail so you can see what I am talking about. The mounting holes look the same, and I wouldn't think the injectors wouldn't be any farther apart on the SOHC TO DOHC series.

The guy selling the DOHC rail said it was interchangeable, and the idiot who sold me my SOHC who put a DOHC engine in his car said he needed it for his swap, why else would he take off a stock fuel rail?? So are these the only two guys who think this will work or what??? :blink:

If you have tried this and are 100% sure please let me know, because before I posted this I was 90% sure this would fit no problem, I just wanted to check it out on here first.

yes i have, i have a b16 in my 4 dr civic. my old fuel rail was kinda messed up looking but it still worked, but i wanted to get a nicer one. my friend whitewrx02 has a shop , he mostly works on 88-91 civics and he has extra fuel rails and intake manifolds from civics up the yang. i tried 2 different style d series rails, the cast style and the billit looking style and they didnt work, if i hadnt tried it i would tell you not to

Thanks for the info dude. I just looked over the pictures again and sized them up exactly but I see no difference in mounting holes or injector holes. I know you said they didn't fit but I am not sure you were sure of exactly what year engines you were swapping these rails from your buddies shop. I know there are some rails out there that don't even come close to fitting d to b series. But thanks again for the info, I appreciate it.

If anyone else reading this has any inoput I would really appreciate it.

are you talking about dohc D and sohc D series engines cuz they are interchangeable, like a zc fuel rail is the same as a d16a6 from a civic or d16a3 from an integra they are all the same

Pictures are all I have to go from right now unless I buy the DOHC rail, ship it, and try it. The pictures (of the sohc and dohc rails) are amazingly both taken at the same angle and if I size them up, one under the other, all of the holes line up.

I appreciate your insight but you are the only one who is replying to this, so either you are the only one who knows anything about this or I am the last person not to know anything about this. I just want to see if anyone else knows. I can really get this DOHC rail at a good deal.

And if they are different then the mounts can only be off by a cm or so according to the pics, which I don't think honda did in mass production.

Guy said it was from a B series, but he could be wrong, its happened!!! But They would look totally different if they didn't fit correct???

I think we are getting somewhere.

Just double checked. This rail has to be from a D series DOHC engine, not B series like the person selling it said. I looked at other B series rails and they look nothing like the one I am now buying. Sorry for the confusion. Just goes to show you gotta double check things before buying parts I guess.

Thanks 894DSiR for sticking with me on this.

Please close topic if no objections.

No objections... but one way to easily tell is common sense- the B and D series engines have totally different bore spacing, so the intake manifold would be wider on the B, and would have wider spaces between the manifold runners, so therefore the B rail won't interchange with the D rail. The DOHC engine he must have been talking about had to be the DOHC ZC, since the DOHC ZC shares the same bore spacing as the other D blocks.

Back