fuel supply system CEL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

i think i already know the answer to this question but i want an expert opinion....my problem....i used regular gas in my dx, now that i have completed the swap i have a tank full of regular.....i'm guessing i have to drain the fuel.....

i tried to run the car forgetting about the fuel and on accelleration the car boggs and the code appears......if i cycle the ignition switch on and off it'll get me an extra mile or so before the cel is on and the car runs like its gonna stall.....i tried changing the O2 sensor and map sensor.......nothing.....

then i thought about the fuel and added some BS octane booster and the car actually ran a little better but still had all of the previous simptoms....so i guess i have to do it then????drain the tank? for the record i would never had ever put regular gas in this car with this motor in it!

anybody.....help......well i just drained the tank and put a little back in and i'm off to the gas station but i hope it works

thats a good point and no i just finished the swap and haven't had it tuned yet....i'm curious though if it would throw that CEL for that reason.....and thought it would be atleast drivable without the tuning at this point?

by the way....drained the tank put 93 in it....still same problem....i'm thinking its either the fuel pump on its way out or the tuning as you said

right now i have a socketed but unchipped p28....i am planning on going hondata thats why i chose the p28....but everyone i know is telling me that it should run ok without the chip until i get it tuned....it just won't be at maximum potential.....one person suggested that the civic cx injectors were not enough?!?

I would definintly get hondata. Its not that expensive, especially if you don't use the boost option: only like $200.

yeah i'm definately going to but my concern was....is there no way to get it to run decent until then??? and i thought hondata base price was like 295??

well i was under the impression that honda used the same injectors for 92-95 civic, and 94+ integras including the gsr and type r....but i guess you didn't know that.....anyway glad you got a laugh at someone elses troubles.

You guess I didn't know that? You're right because that is wrong. D-series injectors are 210cc, B-series are 240cc, and H series injectors are 310cc. For your application you should at LEAST be using 240's with an adjustable fpr, and with a serious all motor build, 310's with Hondata tuning are best. And yeah, I did get a good laugh out of your misfortune because you're an idiot. So eat a wang, bitch.

d series injectors are 240 cc's also not 210.

i think your problem is much worse than having a low octane gas in it.

tuning tuning tuning....the injectors are working fine so far....i just got a buddy to plug in the laptop to my hondata......for a quick base tune and she's running sooooo much better....just thought i would update....thanks

Back