Fuel tank pressure sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 96 DX D16Y7 and I want to swap a 96-98 B18C1 (not sure what year exactly yet), one big issue I had with this swap was that my car didn't have a fuel tank pressure sensor, a bypass solenoid valve, a vent shut valve on the charcoal canister, and a three way valve.

A lot of people mentioned to opt for an OBD1 ECU instead of OBD2. I decided to by a new or used charcoal canister w/ shut valve and 3 way valve from a 98 DX. I've been looking at the diagrams and everything should fit in properly, the only thing I might have to worry about is keeping the canister in place (I'll figure it out).

I also decided to do the same for the fuel tank pressure sensor and the bypass solenoid valve. The 98 DX also has these. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried this? And if so if they have ever had any problems w/ evap codes or wiring issues.

I know a lot of people will say the I could probably save a lot of money by just re-wiring my OBD2 to an OBD1, but I'd rather have the OBD2 system functioning properly. Let me know what you think of this. Is it a good idea or should I just forget about it?

any reason you want to run obd2?
are you a hippie tree hugger who wants to save the enviornment?

obd1 is a lot less restrictive and is typically more aftermarket supported as far as ECU's go.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Dec 8 2003, 01:27 PM
are you a hippie tree hugger who wants to save the enviornment?

Not exactly, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll start by growing my hair to my shoulders and wearing sandals all the time.

I was planning on doing this because the GSR kit that I'm going to get is OBD2 and B18C1 ECUs aren't easy or cheap to purchase here in Montreal. I was also told that if my car is OBD2 to stick with that when I swap my engine, because it would save me trouble....shows what they knew.

Back