Fuel Tank Presure Sensor (good Swap Info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth_criminal

OK so i'm shotting code 91 on my ECU and thats the Fuel Tank Presure Sensor. Now my car 96 LX didn't come with this sensor so the ECU is looking for a signal and there is nothing there, Thats why it's shotting the code. So after reading though both my acura and honda Helms i came up with this and wondered if you guys think it would work. When that tank is full of fuel and the gas cap is off the sensor reads 2.5 volts. I was going to take a 12v power source wire, Wire in a few resistors and drop the voltage to 2.5 - 3. and plug it into (D10) which is the pin for the Ptank on the ECU. Anyone think this will work?

O yeah i forgot, I swapped in a 99 B18B1 so yeah motor tranny ECU and all the basics. Everythign else is fine just that damn 91 code.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 14 2005, 10:38 AM
Why is you ecu looking for a sensor that did not come in your car? Did you swap ecu, motors, or both?
[post=460620]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry forgot to add i swapped in a LS motor / ECU

The 97 ECU will probably help, depending on what sensor setup you have... I don't know all the differences between OBD2a and OBD2b, but going to the ECU that matches your car might be worth a shot.

If you just want to fool the sensor, I don't see why dumping 2.5V into it would be bad- unless your ECU is making adjustments based on the fuel tank pressure signal- then fooling it would probably be a bad thing. I don't think it has any effect though.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 14 2005, 11:52 AM
The 97 ECU will probably help, depending on what sensor setup you have... I don't know all the differences between OBD2a and OBD2b, but going to the ECU that matches your car might be worth a shot.

If you just want to fool the sensor, I don't see why dumping 2.5V into it would be bad- unless your ECU is making adjustments based on the fuel tank pressure signal- then fooling it would probably be a bad thing. I don't think it has any effect though.
[post=460687]Quoted post[/post]​

Well i have bot OBD2a and 2b helms wiring info so i'm going to sit down tonight and read though all of it. And i'm not sure if the sensor provides infomationto the ECU for running adjustments but if it does then i'm going to figure out what signal will make for the best running condtion and boot the voltage. I'll let you guys know either way before i think this is a good piece of info that hasn't really beed resolved or covered on any boards tthat i have seen

i believe it is just for the evap canister purge!

charcoal can takes the tank vapours and realeases them through the purge valve into the intake upon vehicle start up! :)

I'm getting this cel as well after my swap. I own a 97 GSR and I'm using an OBD2a ECU from a later model GSR I think 2000. My helms reads VCC2 sensor for the D10 terminal and I couldn't find the wiring diagram for that in there. I have my evap solenoid, canister etc hooked up correctly. One thing I noticed about this cel is that the first time I start the car up in the morning I get it, then turn it off after even 2 seconds. Reset the ECU and start it back up and I don't get it for the rest of the day. Also tried resetting the ECU before starting it up in the morning and I don't get the CEL. It has something to do with the ECU memory and is programmed to not do whatever it is doing to produce the CEL after it has been reset. Let us know what happens with this since I'm stumped.

Originally posted by DelSlo@Feb 14 2005, 10:21 PM
i believe it is just for the evap canister purge!

charcoal can takes the tank vapours and realeases them through the purge valve into the intake upon vehicle start up! :)
[post=460949]Quoted post[/post]​

No it has nothign to do with the evap at all. There is a sensor in some integra/civic gas tanks that send a voltage reading to the ECU on. I just got a97 ECU and i'm going to plug it up tonight and see if that fixxes it. If not then i'm going to hard wire 2.5 volts to the ECU and that should kill it.

Back