fuel troubleshooting stock 91 integra b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vanillakilla

alright I need some input. I rebuilt my motor, set the valve lash started it let it idle for 20 mins and and turned it off because I had really bad valve tick. the next day set the valve lash again and drove it. the motor makes a really loud tick under load and at idle. The motor over heated due to my failure to clamp down the heater hoses. so I started it again and got it home and let it idle while I figured out where the coolant was leaking from. I found the leak and clamped the heater hoses down and I made sure the motor didn't overheat again while doing this. I go to start it again and it started but had trouble starting and then it stalled 20 seconds later and won't start. when I spray carb cleaner in the intake manifold the motor will fire which means it is a fuel issue. My dad thinks my ECU is bad which is causing my injectors not to open but I'm not sure. it is not my main relay either I replaced that and nothing happened. tommorrow I am going to check the fuel filter, fuel pump, and I would like to try a different ECU but I don't want to buy one just to have it not fix the problem. I also tested my resistor box for the injectors and its fine.

That loud tick could be detonation from a lean condition which would go hand in hand with your fuel theory.

okay fuel pump is not pumping so I replaced it with a known good one and it still didn't pump. tested electrical connections and it is getting power. I jumped the connections from the ignition and the fuel pump at the main relay and the fuel pump got really hot. I tested the wires with a volt meter and they're getting 12.6 volts. I replaced the fuel pump again with another known good one and it still wont build any presssure at the fuel filter. I checked all fuses and I am checking connections and grounds again. why would 2 fuel pumps that are known to be good and are getting 12.6 volts not pump? anybody have any ideas

Okay it starts and runs there was some sort of ground that wasn't wasn't hooked up and now all is good.

Back