1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fukin Smogin!

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by viciousracing, Apr 25, 2003.

1. aight guys, my hondata P30 in my setup is running a little rich than i expected, i was wondering if i could replace it with the OBD1 P72 during the smog? or can i just take it back to All Shot to tune it down? i definately need to retard everything and take out some "NON-CARB" products out. cali smog is a bitch.

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

if you want to run the p72 you could for smog purposes... why dont you just cut j1 on the p30, return it to stock specs then resolder it when you are done

3. hhmm, why didn't i thought of that before, thanks i'll give it a try and take it for a dyno at Motorsports Dynamics. hey pills, if i'm still running rich, can i still tune the hondata down? i'm pretty sure i can right?

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

of course

as a rule.. for every full point off , i add/subtract 10%

so if i'm running 12.5:1 a/f and i want to be at 13.5:1 a/f , i'll do a -10% adjustment at the points i am running 12.5:1

5. wish i wasn't livin in cali, but on the other hand i'm glad to be in cali.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted