1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

full gasket kit

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by CiViC_SOHC, Jul 10, 2005.

1. CiViC_SOHC

CiViC_SOHC Senior Member

ok so like the title says I need to find a full gasket set for my D16Z6 I looked on summit for a mr.gasket but they don't have one for a Z6....I need a kit that has exhaust and intake valve stem seals along with all the other seals....any websites or help would be greatly appreciated...I can get a kit from rockprod...for 170 bucks kinda expensive...and I have to pay shipping....

2. mozzandherb

mozzandherb Senior Member

I'm getting a full gasket kit from my local Honda dealer who has to order it. Cost about $200.

3. CiViC_SOHC

CiViC_SOHC Senior Member

should I get that instead of that rock products one? or what...I mean my buddy supposdly has ordered some before and the people said they are good...

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

OEM gaskets will be better than almost any aftermarket kit out there. Not many third-party gaskets will be better than OEM.

5. SpoonTuNed

SpoonTuNed Senior Member

I think you can get a full gasket kit for a single cam on inlinefour.com and its all oem honda.

6. CiViC_SOHC

CiViC_SOHC Senior Member

ill check with my local honda dealer to see what price they give me if its over 200 dollars I will just get the rock products one...I heard good things with rock products so I will see and get back to you guys thanks for all the info!

7. CiViC_SOHC

CiViC_SOHC Senior Member

ya I just got back from my dealer they wanted 192.75 for the top gasket kit and 68.01 for the lower (which is just the fuckin oil pan and timing and stupid little stuff like that) so ya I dunno im not getting it from them!! lol

8. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

9. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

ROFL, yeah stupid unimportant stuff like the front and rear main seals.. Who the hell needs those??

Anyway, go honda OEM.. Its just better. Also, just food for thought... Will a D16A6 gasket set fit a D16z6? Might be worth looking into.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted