Full-race stage 4 Turbo kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraenthusiest

If i were to get the kit posted in the title would i have to fully mod the bottom end or just get the core pieces(rods, rod bolts, pistons, sleeved block, port and polish)?I know all of the components needed to create a turbo kit but i just wanted to know if it will just be a waste of money to take a honda this far w/o going to a track only car.

yes what?

the things you listed are considered to make a fully built block, i don't know what else you could be talking about besides crank, but the stock one is fine. also, you can't port 'n polish a bottom end, so i think you need to do a bit more research before getting into anything. the stage for kit is pretty hardcore, there are a lot of guys run that kit on street cars, but it's often been said that the t3/t67 turbo (opposed to t4/t67) on the stage 3 kits has better spool charistics for a street car and just a better "feel". the t3/67 is still a gnarly, big ass turbo... just dosen't have the massive turbine to spool that the t4 has.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Oct 5 2004, 08:58 PM
i just wanted to know if it will just be a waste of money to take a honda this far w/o going to a track only car.

i think he said YES to that
[post=398801]Quoted post[/post]​

will it be killing all other cars in sight? probably not... but if you enjoy your car and want to turbo it, why not? you dont have to be the fastest kid on the block and if you did you probably wouldnt have gotten a honda.

if you enjoy it, its not a waste of money

personally i would stick to a stage 3 turbo kit tho

I know if I were to get the stage 4 it would not spool very fast but the top end would be insane. For example: in their description the put that kit on an si and it does 9.7sec at 146mph in the 1/4 with full interior and without traction bars. I think its a pretty awsome kit but the only things that turn me off would be the massive turbo lag and the wheel spin I would have while excelerating hard.

that's complete BS, you, me or anyone else on this board wil never hit 9's. You have to have some serious fucking money to do that and that kit isn't getting you anywhere near that, not to mention a FULLY built block will be necassry.

O and there is no way they hit 9's with a ~2500 lb car with no traction bars or somewthing to keep the chassis from flexing. I don't buy into bs like that.

the fastest street car that i know of on a full race kit is a mid 10.

they have RACE cars in the 9s and 8s, but no street cars.

there's a LOT more to going fast than HP numbers/power production.

Back