full sections exhaust for 92-95 fit 96 cx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Hey guys, I just bought a full sections exhaust system for my 96 cx hb but the exhaust system is for a 92-95 model, I got the whole exhaust system with a test pipe for $350. I put the test pipe on, but the two holes are not wide enough and when I put the whole exhaust system on, the muffler tipe stick out like 5 inches from the bumper. so, what do you guys think i sho;uld do...get a shorter test pipe or catelaytic converter that would fit or return it and get the right exhaust that would fit my car? oh, i forgot to mention that my motor is a B18C and this is why it wont fit perfectly. any idea or major modification that I need to do???thanks

untill you mentioned that you had a b18c i thought I might be able to help but that throws things off a bit.

here is my experience. I have a 92 lx sedan and my buddy has a 96 hx coupe. we switched exhausts a year ago with no fitment problems. the only difference between our exhausts was that I had to give him the cat off my car and I now just have a straight pipe. on stock 6th gens the cat in built into the b-pipe but from the end of the b-pipe back the exhausts were the same on a 92 and a 96 but neither were hatches

hope that helps you out

Thanks guys. and sorry for didnt mention that my car is a 96 cx hb. will, the exhaust I purchased is a full exhaust system..."Fsudo" dont even know how to pronouce that word. but yeah, the exhaust is made for the 92-95 hatchies, and i put it on without any difficulty at all. it bolts in places perfectly. but the test pipe that I got as a gift that come alone with the exhaust system wont fit my stock header(oh...forgot, my motor is a B18c). well, the test pipe fit perfectly, but the two holes that you put the bolts in to screw the header ant the tesp pipe together wont fit. the two holes on my stock headear are too wide and the two holes on the test pipe are not wide enough to match the holes on the stock header. I want to buy the DC header, but the mechanic guy that works in that shop said it wont fit, since the GSR oil pane is different. He said, the only header that might work is the DC header made for type r. unfortunatly, they didnt carry DC headers in stock. So, if you have done this same swap and have face with this exhaust problem...jplease help....thanks

My whole stock exhaust system alone with the muffler fell on the freeway, that's why I have to buy this whole exhaust system. thanks for asking

Back