full z6 swap in an auto hx ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ktyr5151

Hello all,
I have a 96 civic hx has the stupid cvt auto transmission. i also have a parts car (95 eg) has a z6 in it with 114k miles. I want to do the full z6 swap with the standard transmission into my ek coupe which is way cleaner. I just dont really know what exactly will needed to be done to make the full z6 swap work. Its a full swap so i have all the parts to make it a 5 speed. I just dont know where to start? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched and nothing really came up on this. And when it did it was a dead thread and was not helpful at all.

its a strait swap over - you will need an OBD1 to OBD2 convertion for your ECU. You would need everything from the D16z6 engine harness, trans, axels, mounts, ect ect...

as far as wiring goes, do i just replace the engine harness that is already in the car with the z6 harness?

yes. but u will need the OBD2- OBD1 convertion kit ask the cars harness is a obd2 inside passed the fire wall

Oh yeah i already knew about that. My next question is can i use the stock automatic ek drivers side motor mount for the z6 5 speed swap?

Yep, you will also need to weld a frame rail mount from a 5 speed car in place of the cvt one.

Back