1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fully Built Head, Stock Bottom End B18b

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by mwasnp, Jan 28, 2003.

1. mwasnp

mwasnp Senior Member

Hey quick question for you guys. If I had a fully built head with the following could I slap this bad boy on my ls, its an ls head:

crower dual valve springs, crower bronze valve guides, crower titanium retainers, ported and polished, and crower turbo cams.

Would I see a noticable hp gain, say maybe 10-15 hp? I am doing a full turbo build and I am getting this head for $750 but with standard ls cams I believe. The guy hasnt said yet. Would I gain hp over the stock ls cams with the turbo cams when I am still n/a or no? Thanks

2. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

I don't think it would increase that much from my dyno sheet reading(24/7 internet researchest of hondas) but you would see a good increase in pickup and aggressivess, if you slapped on like a skunk2 stage 2 cam, and probably actually around 10-15 hp increase then.

3. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

Skunk2 doesn't make LS cams.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

dude, just by my headlike we talked about :)

5. mwasnp

mwasnp Senior Member

Allright settled, Im buying b's head when I get the $, but back to the question, would turbo cams get me anything over stock ones, or not? basically asking because I am gonna run this head instead of my stock head, and I am curious if i should use my stock ls cams or not. And how high could I safely rev my stock bottom end with out a block girdle? thanks

6. mwasnp

mwasnp Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted