Fun dealership convo of the day...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Trans rebuilds are not hard or expensive if you do it yourself.. Anyone could pull it off with a shop manual.
this is good to know..my GSR trans is really hard to shift into 5th, and pops itself out of 3rd and 4th randomly. thinking this is part of why my 'new' crx+swap was so cheap, lol.

/threadjack

Linh drives around 26K a year just for work. Add in the trips to her friend in DE as with her mom in VA and you easily have 30-32K a year. Her car had around 12K when we got it last year.

Too many miles!

my dad does about the same, 125 miles 4-5 maybe 6 times a week plus runnin around

this is good to know..my GSR trans is really hard to shift into 5th, and pops itself out of 3rd and 4th randomly. thinking this is part of why my 'new' crx+swap was so cheap, lol.

/threadjack

check your fluid, my old civic si b16 would pop out of gear when the trans fluid got low.
annoying as fuck.

well, any fluid in a transmission becomes trans fluid to me.

let me make it politically correct: check the oil in your trans.

although, i have seen many manual transmissions that take automatic trans fluid.

and i have had a few margaritas, so, you'll have to excuse my one slip. lol.

well, any fluid in a transmission becomes trans fluid to me.

let me make it politically correct: check the oil in your trans.

although, i have seen many manual transmissions that take automatic trans fluid.

and i have had a few margaritas, so, you'll have to excuse my one slip. lol.

Only if you give me some.

here you go:

margarita_1_.jpg

ive noticed sometimes that my WRX does this too. mostly when cold, it can be hard to get it into 1, or 2. sometimes R. but after it warms up a bit it seems fine.

ive noticed sometimes that my WRX does this too. mostly when cold, it can be hard to get it into 1, or 2. sometimes R. but after it warms up a bit it seems fine.

All 3 of my standard transmission cars have had the 1st and 2nd cold issue

I've never had a problem with 1 or 2 just Reverse. Sometimes I still fail to fully engage third but I think thats just me being lazy.

I don't have any problems with my car except if I go 1-2, 5. Then theres a bit of a grind, so I don't do that anymore. 1-2-3-5, and my car has been through 60k miles of me beating the hell out of it.

My fit has the same cold-transmission issue. When I use the engine block heater, it's fine.

My civic always had the cold transmission below about 30F, it wasn't impossible to get it into gear, just took a little more effort.

Jeffie: glad to see they actually recognized it.

my 4wd truck is a cunt to shift into 2nd in the cold
and its almost impossible to skip from 1 to 3rd with the diff fluid being molasses unless you wind the motor

my 4wd truck is a cunt to shift into 2nd in the cold
and its almost impossible to skip from 1 to 3rd with the diff fluid being molasses unless you wind the motor
Aren't most cunts hot, steamy and easy to get into? Maybe not a cold cunt eh? :)

Cunts are generally cold, and difficult to maneuver your stick around in. Also, with most women it's difficult to skip from first to third.

Back