Funky Idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mcolombo

Ok so I have a 95 DX that is boosted. not to long ago i finally blew my head gasket after running it for about a year. So i had pulled the head and replaced the head gasket and swaped for arp head studs. Now the car idles at around 2000rpm and after i let it warm up it will start to go up and down between 750 and 2000. I have no cel and the car smells like its running uber rich now.

Ok so I have a 95 DX that is boosted. not to long ago i finally blew my head gasket after running it for about a year. So i had pulled the head and replaced the head gasket and swaped for arp head studs. Now the car idles at around 2000rpm and after i let it warm up it will start to go up and down between 750 and 2000. I have no cel and the car smells like its running uber rich now.

Could be a vacuum leak. I'd also take a look at your IAC, and PCV valves and the fast idle valve. May need to adjust your idle. Also, if a car is low on coolant it can get that funky idle, and be dumping extra fuel in.

Phil

Back