Funny car classifieds ad...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

A funny read, but actually there's a few lessons to be learned from this guy's experience in trying to help out a friend and roommate. Linky but I am also posting the copy as craigslist ads are deleted after two weeks.

1990 Volvo 740 GL sedan 4 cyl 5 pass 4 door Great winter beater - $475
Reply to: anon-52308501@craigslist.org
Date: 2004-12-14, 11:53AM EST

Volvo 740 GL sedan 4 cyl 5 pass 4 door with under 200 tho on it and a clear title
GREAT WINTER BEATER, FIRST CAR, FIXER UPPER OR PARTS CAR
I bought this car at an auction back it April of 03 for a supposed friend who was down on luck and needed a car to get to his new job in woburn so I didn't have to drive him not that I really had to go out of my way or anything the guy was living with me at the time so I did not have to pick him up at his house and then drive him there just wake up at 5 am drive 30 miles there and then 50 miles to my work place in NH so it really was not that big of a deal (lol) but I figured hey just buy him a car and it will make it a lot easier on him ha ha and he will pay me back once he gets on his feet ha ha ha ha but anyway after about 6 months of him driving this car from Methuen to woburn and back 6 days a week (problem free) I figured he had enough money to pay me back considering he lived here rent free but much to my surprise I was wrong so anyway to make a really long story short he ended up stealing the car and I just recently got in back (good thing I registered and insured it in my name) although his 4 DWI'S and 7 accidents brought my insurance up from $130.00 a month to $325.00 hey I know what your thinking Jesus I'm not that stupid he told me he was a step 10 but yeah I just recently got the car back as well as the tittle that's right I had to get a duplicate he stole that to OK sorry for my life story I needed to vent now the car was actually a pretty nice car considering the year and mileage that is until I got it back he did some damage to the fender and one of the driver side head light (still works fine) and did a little poor mans body work (duct tape) he also broke the back driver side triangle window and just to be an asshole stole the battery before returning the car and can you believe I'm such a saint I didn't even press charges (more like a gluten for punishment). I my self have drove this car very little but never had any problems when doing so all it really needs is a battery some gas and some air in the tires and you will be able to drive it home that is of course if you purchase register and insure it first lol as far as mechanical problems I don't know of any except for the fact that it goes into gear with out the key (never used to) and the driver side door dose not open from the out side also (never used to) but please keep in mind that just because I am unaware of any other mechanical problems that dose not mean there is not any judging from the Dick that was driving it there probably is but for the money I'm asking you really cant go wrong just a tune up and a safety check should do it but again no guaranties I am trying to be as honest as possible and don't want to give any one a bad deal so in short I strongly suggest a great deal of consideration as well as a visual inspection and possible a test drive before purchasing. I also Have many more pics of this car, so please ask if you need more :) I would like to get $475.00 or b/o for this. Just trying to recoupe a little money ! Please keep offers reasonable.

that was too hard to read; i gave up fter the first few lines. has he heard of "punctuation" ?

Okay Cliffnotes then. lol.

Guy is selling a Volvo. He originally bought it at an auto action for cheap for his former friend and roommate. Former friend is a deadbeat and a loser who had no transportation and never got it together to pay for this car (originally bought for $325). Meanwhile the seller registered and insured the car in his name. Former friend had 4 DWI'S and 7 accidents in that Volvo and caused the seller's insurance rates to go from $130 a month to $325 a month. Former friend also stole the car when he left. Seller go back car and is now trying to sell it.

Moral of the story.... be very very careful of how you help out a friend in need. Sometimes a loser can't be helped and will just bring you down with him.

yea i had a friend like that. met him at college, rented a summer house with him and 2 of his friends and 2 of mine. they were the typical rich kids. after a week they still had nevr cleaned, ate my food, drank my beer. me and my friends told them they had to leave and they wouldnt. so they three of us went out to our cars and got are bats(yea long story but at the time we always had bats with us) and then they left without a fight. fucking pussies also cost me the security. in a week they punched 4 holes in the wall. i fixed and painted them and still lost the security. saw the pussy about a month ago. he was passed out outside of a party at like 11:30(cough..lightweight..cough). so i pretended i was kicking a 50 yard fieldgoal and it made me feel better.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 14 2004, 03:58 PM
we have all been through that
[post=432107]Quoted post[/post]​

So true. Sometimes it's good to be reminded that this sort of situation is not uncommon and also either to avoid another bad one or just not let it go on as long.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Dec 14 2004, 05:08 PM
yea i had a friend like that. met him at college, rented a summer house with him and 2 of his friends and 2 of mine. they were the typical rich kids. after a week they still had nevr cleaned, ate my food, drank my beer. me and my friends told them they had to leave and they wouldnt. so they three of us went out to our cars and got are bats(yea long story but at the time we always had bats with us) and then they left without a fight. fucking pussies also cost me the security. in a week they punched 4 holes in the wall. i fixed and painted them and still lost the security. saw the pussy about a month ago. he was passed out outside of a party at like 11:30(cough..lightweight..cough). so i pretended i was kicking a 50 yard fieldgoal and it made me feel better.
[post=432136]Quoted post[/post]​

So someone is a pussy when they don't stand up to a buynch of people with bats but you are not a pussy for kicking someone who is passed out?? :blink:

Back