funny noise coming from tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

entone

i just swap in b18c1 in my 98 civic, i had the car run good for about 2 days, now their is a whistle sound coming from the tranny ( sound like a tea kettle ) when the car idles, it whistle for about 2 second then its stops and it comes back, on and off. is this the clutch breaking in, the car drive fine and no burning smell, just the annoying noise.
i have installed a fidaza fly wheel and exedy race clutch.

Originally posted by entone@May 12 2004, 08:47 PM
i just swap in b18c1 in my 98 civic

Wtf man
s40a2d71155743.jpg
you put this in the wrong forum.

when does it make this noise? when your engauging the clutch? all the time? even when clutch is disingauged? and not in gear?

it happen when the car idles , when i rev it, it stops, but then it comes back when it idles, im pretty sure it coming from the tranny because i lifted the car up today and its coming from where the tranny meet the block, by the flywheel dust cover

just a guess here but perhaps the flywheel cover is slightly bent and if you rev it you can't hear the noise because the engine gets louder?

i don't know about any whistling sounds, but it might be your heat shield. if you look on your car, its that peice of metal covering the cat. i had the same problem, and when i reved it up, i couldn't hear the sound either.

Back