Funny noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

Ok, when i start my car and put it in reverse on drive, doesn't matter which, and i then turn my steering well, i hear a squeeking noise coming from the passnger side wheel weel, what is wrong with my steering?

Check the power steering FLUID and the power steering Belt.
If not tehn maybe it s YOUR POWER STEERING!!!!!

:roll:

Originally posted by arpee79@Oct 18 2003, 01:22 PM
Check the power steering FLUID and the power steering Belt.
If not tehn maybe it s YOUR POWER STEERING!!!!!

:roll:

that could be it, i did take off the p s belt and then put a new one back on so it could posible be that since i haven't used it in a while that the fluid level lowered after putting the new belt back on.

thanks!!!

When I start my car on cold days, it makes a funny whinning/whirring noise. I think it might be PS. It's not broke yet and it only does it when it's cold out. I've had my car for 2 years. The noise is still there.
Fuck it. Just ignore it. If something breaks, then you have a problem.
:shrug2:

could be suspension, bushing, ball joint, just about anything. Make sure it's all tight with the wheel off the ground. Have the front end lifted and turn the wheels lock to lock, and listen.

On another note, I don't trust my local Les Schwab. My buddies tires were worn a little on the inside, and they wanted to replace the powersteering rack, over $850 for the whole swap, when he didn't even need a tie rod. Buyer beware. I make them show ME why stuff is bad.

You guys for got the most common problem!!! what kind of tires do you have on the car?? well if you have after market rims or if you have stock rims, well anykind of rims and tires it doesnt matter.... is your car lowered in the front? well it is probably because of tire rubing on the internal walls of your fender... check that... it happened in my car and my friends when he lowered his thanks

Back