funny noises from PC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

well about a month ago my computer started making funny noises. first, one of the fans started getting loud. it didnt get loud right away, just at random times, and it would get loud for a few mins, go back to normal, then get loud again. it seems like its coming from the northbridge fan/heatsink. should i just buy a new fan or is it fine how it is? i dont mind the noise but stuff out of the ordinary scares me, i dont want my motherboard to burn down.

also, its starting to make the old "loading" noises common in the older computers. it sounds like a hard drive but its coming from the cpu. anyone know what this noise is? also ive been noticing more system crashes.

thanks in advance.

kevin

you may want to check your fan for dust, i have seen the dust throw them off balance and make them start making noise...

Yeah, check for dust. Sometimes dust will collect and throw the fan off-balance enough to make it make weird noises.

Sounds like all you guys' fans are fux0red. Buy new ones- they're cheap.

naw, i kinda want mine to blow up. im sick of it... but i don't feel like building another one.

my next system, im probably just going to buy a tower from some company. lol

Its not playing songs at random. the fans are clean; i took them out and cleaned them twice already. i guess ill just buy a new northbridge fan(right now its the stock Gigabyte fan, but a Speeze fan on the CPU).

i have a nvidia card also, but i have a Zalman heatsink+fan hooked up to it so its definantly not overheating or anything. i also dont like my video card, its a Nvidia FX5200 from MSI.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jan 18 2005, 01:31 PM-->
build me one that doens't suck
[post=447477]Quoted post[/post]​

Easy. Shoot me a few grand and it's done. :)

K2e2vin
@Jan 18 2005, 05:36 PM
i have a nvidia card also, but i have a Zalman heatsink+fan hooked up to it so its definantly not overheating or anything. i also dont like my video card, its a Nvidia FX5200 from MSI.
[post=447658]Quoted post[/post]​

Buy new fans. Speeze = junk, sorry. FX5200 = super budget card, not really meant for performance- it was more so that nVidia could have a DX9 compliant card with 128MB of RAM on it in the market. A 3 year old Ti4200 is faster.

Back