Funny story, but I still need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok well I tried the obd1 CX dizzzy and slaped it onto the obd2 head, wow!!!!! worst idle I ever heard in my life, the car sounded like it was barking, so now I try to retard the darn thing and still barl, bark, bark. Drove it down the street to test it!! wow! worts experiance ever. I guess Im just going to have to buy the GSR harness of a 96 to 98 obd2 and plug it up. I was told it will work. Oh yeah I forget to mention that I soldered my CX to fit the injectors alternator. So yeah that could be a problem too?

tell me what ya'll think?

Mark
also can my p28 be bad? or is it the wiring?

wait now... so you did WHAT?!?!

need a little better explanation about the wiring and such...

did you think that dizzy was gonna work?
did you read about the swap?

well it bolted on, so yeah I did think the cx dizzy was going to work on the d16y8, now for wiring issues, I used my cx and had my injector plugs and alternator plugs changed out to obd2, now here is the problem, my o2 sensor isnt pluged in and I cant figure out why the idle is barking. I dont know what else to do but buy the GSR harness and call it a day. any thoughts?

Hoked on fonics worke four me to...........

As elaborate as it gets....... Did you already do the swap ?
Who was barking ?
D16y8 with obd2 junk ?
Gsr Harness ?
I'm confused aswell.......

OK sorry bad description of what I just did,

here it goes:

I have a CX hatch and I have just installed my d16y8. I used my obd1 dizzy and intechanged my injecotr and alternator plugs on obd1 harness to a obd2 so that the alternator and injector plugs will plug up. Doing so I started up the motor and I have this really bad idle. It sounds like my car is reving it self every second. I tried to retard my dizzy but still same outcome. So im going to try to reuse my obd2 dizzy and use a integra LS harness obd2. I was told it will fit so I will attemp to see if thatwill fix my problem. Does anyone have any other suggestoin on what I should do.

p.s. this post is not funny anymore! :blink:

why not use the yb distributor with the y8 harness and just buy a 0bd2 to obd1 coversion harness...this i think is going to being your easiest solution

I'm going out on a limb here..

first and foremost, do you have any CEL's?

If not, are you sure the idle surge is electronics-related?

If you have CEL's, did you find out what codes you are throwing?

That would make things much easier.

Back