Fuses

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys. Im new here, and im lookin for a dimmer fuse for my 1993 Accord Lx. The dimmer on my dash dont work, so the guages are really dim, even at night. I was putzin around and read the fuse box, and it said there was a dimmer fuse. one of those big ass box fuses. anyway, if anyone know where i could get one, (not Auto Zone, Bap or Checker,) please let me know. :) I hope it's just a fuse... :unsure:

you asked this question less than 2 hours ago

its the middle of the day

most people are at work right now

you posted this in the wrong forum

this forum is not a tech forum its just for fun

there is a whole forum dedicated to electrical issues

:moved:

yeah i checked the fuse

it looks clean, but why else wouldnt my dimmer knob work?
:eek:

and thanks for moving me in the right direction whoever did it :worthy:

The light bulbs that light it up may be blown. They are on top if the gauge cluster. You may want to check the wiring to the bulbs and switch. There may be an exposed wire thats touching some metal and shorting it out.

but the guages light up a little bit, but i cant adjust them. your supposed to be able to right? :eek:

Most cars do have a dimmer switch. Just go find one at a local junk yard and replace yours. Or I'm sure Autozone sells a dimmer switch. Maybe even Wal-mart, they have everything.

No, you shouldn't, not for just the dimmer switch. I'm not sure about the location on your gen. accord. I think it is on the right side of the steering wheel in a pull-out panel. you may be able to access it by getting under the dash from the bottom. A panel may pop off.?

EDIT: left side..my bad

Originally posted by dcsports413@Jun 13 2003, 02:34 PM
No, you shouldn't, not for just the dimmer switch. I'm not sure about the location on your gen. accord. I think it is on the right side of the steering wheel in a pull-out panel. you may be able to access it by getting under the dash from the bottom. A panel may pop off.?

its on the right side, a couple inches off the steering wheel. you have to take off the dash panneling to get it off, but don't give him too many ideas cuz he'll make me do it all..

btw, this is the most impacient motherfucker ever :huh:

Originally posted by 90 accord+Jun 15 2003, 01:07 AM-->
dcsports413
@Jun 13 2003, 02:34 PM

its on the right side, a couple inches off the steering wheel. you have to take off the dash panneling to get it off, but don't give him too many ideas cuz he'll make me do it all..

btw, this is the most impacient motherfucker ever :huh:

:lol: Sorry man, I know it is on the left for 94-97 accords next to the gauge cluster.

Back