Future Honda engines announced

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Customer demand and regulations are slowly but surely forcing every car to look like a Prius. Gotta have that sloped back end for drag, need the tall hood for pedestrian impact, and need the thick ass pillars to meet roof crush.

Sweet, these engines look good! Now people with the new Si will just crank the boost instead of swapping engines. Me, I want the turbo 1.0L. Can you get me one? :D

Those all look like renders.

My guess.

Europe gets all the small liter stuff
Japan gets all the nice high power stuff
US gets the same boring bullshit.

Wrong this time.

And Subaru said the 2015 WRX would look like this.

6Ox6kLb.png

I just don't believe the car mfgs claims anymore. US regulations and bullshit keeps them from having fun.

but car companies are notorious for saying "Hey guys! we're working on some cool shit! Soon you'll have a car with 300whp, that gets 40mpg, that looks like a fucking sporty race car!"

and then you get this:

images

and then they say "well we took some cues from our original ideas!"

When the 1990 Caprice came out, I thought "That car is WAY too futuristic to be used as a cab or cop car!"

That car was a concept car for the roads when it came out. Same with the Olds Acheiva.

Just curious if the NSX will come with a real transmission option. Any public data available on that?

I doubt it. Those new transmissions have gotten really quick at shifting.

Isn't that 2.0 going in the 2015 Civic Type R (4dr hatch)?? There's a petition on the interwebs trying to get the Type R in the U.S. but I'm doubtful.

The new type r is trying to make the dreaded German track (Nürbürgring??) in less than 8 minutes.

You know what's probably faster? If the car just drives itself and you sit there and enjoy the ride.

But that doesn't make it more fun.

I'd rather be .3 seconds slower in the quarter mile and retain my dignity.

Back