Future

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Technical skill = good

I spent 5 years learning how to make decisions and tell other people what to do. Not very practical right now when most available jobs require programming, databasing, drafting, engineering, or some other type of technical skill.

I think I'm going to go to a CC and take web design and programming classes.

yeah I'm at college right now in a program called integration, and i'm thinking of going to a police academy next year.. but it takes very high grades around here to be accepted so only god knows if I will be accepted.. I really hope I'll get accepted or I will really be lost.. anyway, I got the whole year to think about it so I think I'm gonna be ok.. thanks again guys !

look you cant really decide what you want to do for the rest of your life it just sort of come to you. one day youll be doing something and youll realize you want to be doing it for your future.

I find that the cornerstone in any hairbrained Honda fantasy is a job.

Humility goes a long way as well. I did my homework and then found this place so that I could start asking questions. Learn the basics, like how an engine works. Buy a junker you never intend to modify, tear it down to the last bolt just to see how it works, then throw it all away.

Then there is the job...

I probably spent over $2000 dollars on materials and equipment learning how to paint a car. I also probably put another few quarts of my blood into the body learning how to strip paint and do body work. I also learned how important it is to start with a car that needs less work from the get go. Yet, to me, the knowledge gained is worth the price tag.

Ultimately, you have to enjoy what you do. If all the cash you have is only going to get you into pep boys to buy a shifter knob made in Malaysia, find another hobby; or at least stick to tearing stuff apart so that you have some idea what you are doing when the time comes.

Go join the military. Lots of disposable income and you might actually learn something useful along the way.

Just don't join the military, get married, have two kids, finish college online, AND try to build your Honda dream. I regret nothing I just mentioned, but they all SERIOUSLY cut into your schedule...

2.5 years later and my Integra is just about to hit the road for the first time...

lol but as long as you have the will to learn everything about cars then you will get far. i really didnt know alot 2 years ago and with the will to learn i have my certs to work on fords and volvos.

Hey guys, I'm gonna do my first mod this weekend haha !! someone around here was selling a aem cold air intake for 60$(which i think is pretty cheap) so i bought it.. I guess it wont be an amazing gain of power, but i gotta start somewhere.. is it hard to install on a civic with a d16y7 ?

no
cold air intakes are very easy to install

just be sure you don't drive through any large amounts of water
you need to make sure the motor doesn't suck in water and get hydro-locked (bent rods)
i prefer a cleaner look to the engine bay, so i go with the stock air box, maybe remove the silencer, and add a k&n drop in air filter (OE replacement version)
they flow surprisingly well, and keep the car safe from water inhalation, and keep the filter up away from all the dirt and road grime

and my .02 from someone almost twice your age
dont waste all this money on these hondas
if i had all the money i spent for all my cars and projects i could be driving a new M3 with no payments
in the end its still just a honda
save your money for a nice car with lots of safety features and airbags, you never know, it could just end up saving your life

Last edited:
no, not really.
snow shouldn't be much of an issue
just keep an eye on the filter to make sure its not getting full/clogged with dirt/ice

i drove my crx around in ny winters for many years with a CAI with no issues

CAI should have a bracket, somewhere along the length of the tubing
make sure you fasten that bracket to where it is supposed to go
if you dont it will lead to wear on the coupler that connects the CAI to the throttle body, and the bracket can rub through the paint in your engine bay and leave you with bare metal to rust

look you cant really decide what you want to do for the rest of your life it just sort of come to you. one day youll be doing something and youll realize you want to be doing it for your future.
That's how it happened for me.

College is a good place to spend some time - college via the military is an excellent path and the one I took

Most of the members are just gearheads - a few are mechanics.

For me it's a hobby and I enjoy it and other projects in my shop.

and my .02 from someone almost twice your age
dont waste all this money on these hondas
if i had all the money i spent for all my cars and projects i could be driving a new M3 with no payments
in the end its still just a honda
save your money for a nice car with lots of safety features and airbags, you never know, it could just end up saving your life

Repped

couldnt have said this better, cause that's just plain truth.com right there though for me it would be a Z06 ;) not some slow weak ass M3 ;P

yeah, but right now I really like hondas, but i don't plan to spend ALOT on this car..

i will probably just be doing a mini me next year and maybe put some cheap bolt ons from ebay, nothing really crazy..

so i installed my cold air intake on my car.. it sounds crazy, i just still can't believe it. I'd never though that a CAI could change this much the sound of my car o_O

hey guys i've seen a video on youtube where a guy claimed that he putted a f series engine on a d series transmission. Is it possible ? because i've looked for some f series engine and I've found them pretty cheap for the power they can give

Back